Warning - shock as pig's head left on spike at beauty spot
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2014
A dog walker has shared her shock after discovering the severed head of a pig displayed on a spike.
Karen Badcock was walking out to Breydon Water, in Great Yarmouth, and had just come out from under the bridge when she was confronted with the gruesome sight.
The 61-year-old, who lives in Cobholm, said she was "shocked to bits."
"I take my dogs over 'the banks' as a I call them every morning," she said.
"I looked and at first I thought 'that's a big toadstool to have come up overnight' and as I got closer I saw it was a pig's head.
"I thought 'I do not believe this'. The stake had been shaved down to a spike.
"I just thought it was pretty weird and I didn't want to get too close in case my dogs got a sniff of it.
- 1 Long-awaited plans for A47 roundabout revamps revealed
- 2 Bid for superbike warehouse bringing up to 30 new jobs
- 3 Suspect identified in seafront hate attack
- 4 Sentencing adjourned for man who travelled 272 miles to meet girl
- 5 'Adored' teaching assistant retiring after more than three decades
- 6 Market place parking 'amnesty' to tackle school run chaos
- 7 Christmas magic comes to Gorleston
- 8 Drug dealers and shoplifters to be targeted by police
- 9 'The right thing to do' - Great Yarmouth people respond to new restrictions
- 10 'They make people smile': Mural painted on to town's purple parrot house
"It made my stomach turn.
"It is the first time I have ever seen anything like it and it definitely wasn't there the day before. It shocked me to bits."
She made the discovery at around 10am on Monday (November 15).
"It would be interesting to find out where it came from," she said. "I can't imagine someone walking along with it tucked under their arm."
People on social media have suggested various theories including a Halloween prank and a way of feeding animals and birds.
Norfolk police are aware of the incident.
As of Tuesday morning (November 16) both the head and spike had been removed without explanation.