Teens arrested in connection with Yarmouth stabbing released on bail
- Credit: Liz Coates
Two teenagers arrested in connection with a stabbing in a Great Yarmouth park have been released on police bail.
Officers were called to St George's Park, off Trafalgar Road, at around 7.20pm on Sunday October 10 following reports a man had been attacked.
The victim was with two other men in the park when they were approached by teenagers who demanded their bikes before attacking the victim.
The suspects stole two bikes before leaving the scene.
The victim, aged 18, suffered serious head and back injuries and was taken to hospital. He is currently in a stable condition.
Armed officers were deployed to the scene and enquiries led police to arrest two boys, aged 15 and 16, in nearby Crown Road and St Peters Road on suspicion of grievous bodily harm.
They were taken to Great Yarmouth Police Investigation Centre for questioning and have now been released on police bail while enquiries continue.
- 1 Thrilling Fire on the Water show to light up Yarmouth
- 2 One person left with serious injuries after Yarmouth crash
- 3 Police appeal after motorcyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 4 Burglars make off with bird equipment after Great Yarmouth break in
- 5 Spectacular show to light up Great Yarmouth's Venetian Waterways
- 6 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 7 Hope steps seen in Danny Boyle's Yesterday will get much-needed repairs
- 8 Meet the Yarmouth firm on tonight's Grand Designs
- 9 Dog prices stay high after lockdown boom, buyers say
- 10 Woman suffers fatal heart attack in ambulance outside Paget
Anyone with information about the incident should contact Great Yarmouth CID on 101 quoting incident number 356 of 10 October 2021.
Alternatively, people can contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or through their Anonymous Online Form at http://www.crimestoppers-uk.org/.