Third teenager arrested over Yarmouth park stabbing
- Credit: Liz Coates
A third teenager has been arrested after a man was stabbed during a pedal bike robbery in a town park.
Officers were called to St George’s Park in Great Yarmouth, shortly before 7.20pm on Sunday, October 10, following reports a man had been attacked.
The 18-year-old victim was with two other men in the park when they were approached by teenagers who attacked him then stole two bikes.
He was taken to hospital with serious head and back injuries, but has since been discharged.
Armed officers were deployed to the scene and enquiries led police to arrest two boys, aged 15 and 16, in nearby Crown Road and St Peters Road.
They have since been released on police bail pending further enquiries.
A third boy, aged 17, was arrested on Thursday October 14 and has also since been released on police bail pending further enquiries.
Officers are continuing to investigate the incident, however it is believed those involved are known to each other.
- 1 7 famous faces with Great Yarmouth links
- 2 Town road works extended due to depression in road surface
- 3 Man killed 96-year-old bystander in road rage crash
- 4 'There will be a huge impact' - Councillor's fears ahead of 665 homes vote
- 5 Care home says changes have been made after damning inspection report
- 6 Everything you need to know ahead of Great Yarmouth Wheels Festival
- 7 Hotel with 'excellent reputation' up for sale as owner retires
- 8 Great Yarmouth resident calls for larger bins in borough beauty spot
- 9 Marine company feeling buoyant after securing pilot launch contract
- 10 'A slow down' - Estate agent says housing supply is hitting market
Anyone with information should contact Great Yarmouth CID on 101 quoting reference number 36/75308/21.