Man arrested after assault leaves victim in 'serious condition'
- Credit: Jamie Honeywood
A man in his 40s was rushed to hospital with serious injuries after an early-morning assault in a town centre.
Police were called to South Market Road in Great Yarmouth at 7.45am on Friday, January 8 amid reports of an assault. On arrival, they found a man in his 40s with "serious injuries".
He was then taken to the James Paget University Hospital where he remains in a "serious condition".
Officers have arrested a man, also in his 40s from the Great Yarmouth area, in connection with the attack.
According to Norfolk Constabulary, he has been taken to Great Yarmouth Police Investigation Centre for questioning.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesperson said: "While enquiries are ongoing, officers do believe the man arrested and the victim are known to one another."
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 3 'One of a kind' home with golf simulator and gym is for sale for £795,000
- 4 Drug-dealers caught in undercover police sting
- 5 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 6 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 7 'Too many holiday homes' - Residents object to conversion bid
- 8 £250,000 of cannabis found in two cars on A11
- 9 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 10 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney