Woman still in serious condition in hospital after fatal A47 crash
- Credit: Denise Bradley
A woman in her 70s is still in a serious condition in hospital following a fatal crash on the A47 just days before Christmas.
Two people were killed and another seriously injured following a crash on the A47 Acle Straight on Sunday, December 20.
Officers were called at 5.15pm to reports of a crash between a Vauxhall Astra and a VW Passat.
The driver of the Astra, a woman in her 70s, and the driver of the Passat, a man in his 40s, both died at the scene.
A dog travelling in one of the cars also died.
A passenger in the Astra, a woman in her 70s, was taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital with serious injuries.
A Norfolk Police spokesman said the woman was still in a "serious condition" in hospital.
- 1 Minke whale washes up on beach
- 2 Ghostly photos show deserted Yarmouth in lockdown
- 3 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 4 Council pay out six claims to drivers after car park ramp damaged vehicles
- 5 Neighbours oppose off-licence over crime fears
- 6 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 7 Norfolk-based Brexit Party founder punished for Covid protest
- 8 Discount hobby shop The Works 'could run out of money'
- 9 Firearms collector, 72, jailed for having illegal shotgun and pistol
- 10 Drug dealer who targeted young people in Great Yarmouth jailed
The A47 Acle Straight was closed for about 12 hours.
Anyone who may have witnessed the collision should contact the Serious Collision Investigation Team at Norfolk Constabulary on 101 and quote incident number 295 on Sunday, December 20.