Crossbow removed from man's chest
A MAN needed surgery to remove a crossbow bolt from his chest after he was shot while out on an early morning walk in Gorleston.The 41-year-old victim was at the corner of Marine Parade and Avondale Road when he was hit by the bolt at about 5am on Saturday.
A MAN needed surgery to remove a crossbow bolt from his chest after he was shot while out on an early morning walk in Gorleston.
The 41-year-old victim was at the corner of Marine Parade and Avondale Road when he was hit by the bolt at about 5am on Saturday.
He was initially taken to the James Paget University Hospital, in Gorleston, but was later transferred to Papworth Hospital, in Cambridge-shire, for emergency surgery, and is in a stable condition.
Many people in the Marine Parade and Avondale Road area were unaware of the early morning incident and expressed shock at what had happened.
You may also want to watch:
The circumstances surrounding the incident are still being investigated by police.
Anyone with information should contact Norfolk police on 0845 456 4567.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Thrilling Fire on the Water show to light up Yarmouth
- 3 Spectacular show to light up Great Yarmouth's Venetian Waterways
- 4 One person left with serious injuries after Yarmouth crash
- 5 Burglars make off with bird equipment after Great Yarmouth break in
- 6 Police appeal after motorcyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 7 Councillors in coastal village vow to fight 665 homes bid
- 8 Meet the Yarmouth firm on tonight's Grand Designs
- 9 Hope steps seen in Danny Boyle's Yesterday will get much-needed repairs
- 10 Teens aged 15 and 16 arrested after man stabbed in park robbery