Crows to invade Broadland village
A BROADLAND village is bracing itself for an invasion of about 100 scruffy visitors over the Bank Holiday weekend.Martham, near Yarmouth, will be holding its second scarecrow festival on Sunday, May 3 and Monday, May 4.
A BROADLAND village is bracing itself for an invasion of about 100 scruffy visitors over the Bank Holiday weekend.
Martham, near Yarmouth, will be holding its second scarecrow festival on Sunday, May 3 and Monday, May 4.
Last year 96 scarecrows were made by villagers and organisers are hoping that even more of the bird scaring dummies will be dotted around Martham next month.
Other events are also planned during the two day festival, including a treasure hunt, craft stall, tapestry and banner exhibition and a display by Dr Spin Off Tricky Cycles.
You may also want to watch:
Money raised from the event, which runs from 10am to 5pm both days, will go towards the St Mary's Church hall restoration fund.
Anyone who wants to make and display a scarecrow can contact festival organiser Julie Beales on 01493 748547.
- 1 Bin collection days to change across Great Yarmouth area
- 2 Man accused of murder of woman in Gorleston could stand trial in May
- 3 See inside new homes taking shape at former Pontins holiday park
- 4 New Sainsbury's plan revealed for Bradwell
- 5 Man dies after 'medical incident' on Yarmouth seafront
- 6 Petrol station queues causing rush-hour delays
- 7 Council could buy five properties for rough sleepers with complex needs
- 8 New twist in Star Hotel saga as it changes hands for just £1,000
- 9 Are customers still wearing face masks?
- 10 'It's a marvellous day for Yarmouth' - Marina Centre reaches milestone