Cub scouts have the X-Factor!
CUB Scout leaders hit upon an X-Factor idea when it came to youngsters working towards their Entertainer badges.Working on their Music Stage 1 badge as well, 1st Gorleston youngsters were welcomed by glammed up fellow cubs, leaders and judges with a scout leader taking on the Simon Cowell role.
CUB Scout leaders hit upon an X-Factor idea when it came to youngsters working towards their Entertainer badges.
Working on their Music Stage 1 badge as well, 1st Gorleston youngsters were welcomed by glammed up fellow cubs, leaders and judges with a scout leader taking on the Simon Cowell role.
The cubs sang, played guitars, recorders and home-made drums, danced, and there was even a little bit of magic and poetry.
Parents made up the audience and during the judges' decision-making there was a celebration buffet.
All the contestants were so brilliant that the judges decided all would be runners up, and all received a genuine X-Factor mug.
The winners were Morgan and Oliver playing electric guitar, Joshua with his solo performance of a camp song, and William and Olivia for reading a poem. They all received a copy of this year's X-Factor single.
- 1 See inside £1.1m Broads' home with own cottage and pool
- 2 Renewed objections to demolition of pub empty for a decade
- 3 Long stretch of A47 closed overnight due to crash
- 4 Pressure waves of Hunga Tonga volcanic eruption felt across East Anglia
- 5 New operators take over at council-owned leisure centre
- 6 Takeaways in and around Great Yarmouth with five-star food hygiene ratings
- 7 Investigations continue after stabbing in town park
- 8 New thrill ride arrives at seaside theme park
- 9 Erosion-risk coastwatch tower to be dismantled
- 10 Great Yarmouth fashion boss offers free Maldives holiday
The Cub pack holds its fun-packed meetings at the Shrublands Youth and Adult Centre on Magdalen Way.