Cut a dash by taking part in fun run
A RALLYING cry encouraging people to sign up to a three-mile fun run has gone out this week. Fitness 2000 in Great Yarmouth has joined forces with Gorleston-based BWell in supporting Embrace - a festival combining sport and entertainment in aid of Palliative Care East.
A RALLYING cry encouraging people to sign up to a three-mile fun run has gone out this week.
Fitness 2000 in Great Yarmouth has joined forces with Gorleston-based BWell in supporting Embrace - a festival combining sport and entertainment in aid of Palliative Care East.
A main feature of the August 9 event at Yarmouth Racecourse is a three-mile fun run which has the double aim of raising thousands of pounds for the James Paget appeal and, to get the borough's residents active.
Spencer McCormack, director of BWell Health Clubs and one of the events organisers, said: “Our main focus now is to get as many people as possible signed up to the fun run. It's great that Fitness 2000 has come on board, everyone is working together with the shared goal of raising �100,000 for Palliative Care East and getting people active.”
You may also want to watch:
Fitness 2000 owner Eva Howkins said: “We are pleased to be on board - this is a very good cause.”
And starting on April 30 at 6.30pm and on the last Thursday of each month until July, BWell and Fitness 2000 instructors will be at Gorleston clifftop offering advice and support to wannabe participants who want to get fit. The free walking and jogging sessions will last an hour.
- 1 Great Yarmouth man banned from high street at night
- 2 Driver in hospital after BMW car ends up in ditch
- 3 Princess Anne pays flying visit to historic Broads' boatyard
- 4 New Sports Direct in town's former M&S set for summer opening
- 5 Norfolk ban for three men who stole cash from Yarmouth fruit machines
- 6 The challenges of May 17 re-opening - including keeping people sat down
- 7 Woman shares horror after pet cat Dave is mutilated by elastic band
- 8 Coastal holiday parks getting £3m investment
- 9 "I love it here" - No surprise at village's Rightmove popularity
- 10 New dessert restaurant opens in Great Yarmouth
Mr McCormack stressed the fun run was open to everyone and that the course was accessible for the disabled.
On the day fitness instructors, including Fitness 2000 manager Evan Beales, will give a warm-up demonstration.
Plenty of other attractions have been lined up for the day with displays from local sports clubs and live entertainment.
For more information about Embrace call Mr McCormack at BWell on 01493 452095 or email firstname.lastname@example.org Or call appeal co-ordinator Jenny Westgate on 01493 453348. Register forms can be downloaded at www.embrace-east.org and they are also available at BWell Health Clubs and Fitness 2000 on Southtown Road, Yarmouth.