Plans submitted to turn fishmongers into home
- Credit: Google Maps
A wet fish shop close to the sea is bidding to become a home.
Dabs n Crabs in Scratby Road, Ormesby, has lodged change-of-use plans which would see it remodelled as a three-bedroom bungalow.
Documents submitted to Great Yarmouth Borough Council state: "The owner is looking to close the business and cease trading and the change of use to residential will quieten the area and provide comfortable living for someone."
Drawings show the shop and counter area converted into living space with workshops and offices becoming bedrooms.
The popular shop supplies fresh fish, smoked fish, and shellfish and has a loyal customer base, including some that cross county borders for its fare.
You may also want to watch:
One reviewer said: "I drive from Beccles for their brown shrimp, frozen crab claws too if the fresh ones are gone."
Another described it as "a little gem" that every fish lover needed to try.
- 1 Drivers delivering for Amazon have hundreds of pounds of pay withheld
- 2 'Rain or shine, people can dine' - Seaside hotel to open al fresco style
- 3 Funeral arrangements for Prince Philip confirmed
- 4 Optimism in Norfolk resort despite gloomy report on Covid recovery
- 5 'Completely new arcade' - Nine businesses to open in historic mall
- 6 New pottery workshop opens on Facebook Live
- 7 Peter Crouch drove to Yarmouth while on Norwich loan - and wasn't impressed
- 8 Graffiti vandals hit village sites with 'TOXIC GYB 2021' slogan
- 9 How visiting restrictions are easing at Norfolk's hospitals
- 10 'People have to remain vigilant' - reed cutter's boat engine stolen
There is no indication from the plans about when the conversion work would start, if approved.
A decision is due by March 4.