Danny Boyle music donation boost to college
- Credit: Archant
Danny Boyle film magic is still benefitting Gorleston after a donation was made to the town’s East Norfolk Sixth Form College as a thank you for featuring in his film.
The film company behind Mr Boyle’s Beatles-themed movie, parts of which were shot in Gorleston, has provided what is described as a generous donation to fund music equipment.
Last month the college moved its taster day to allow local students to take part in the Gorleston beach filming that involved 6,000 people playing extras in a concert.
On filming day, the college also provided 150 staff to appear as journalists.
College principal Dr Catherine Richards met up with Mr Boyle and writer Richard Curtis at the Latitude Festival to receive the donation.
You may also want to watch:
Dr Richards said: “I am thrilled to accept the donation on behalf of the college.
“We have been so lucky to have such a fantastic relationship with Danny and his team. At the time, I didn’t think anything would top Danny’s visit to meet the students in May. But since then, our staff and students have had the opportunity to appear as extras in the film and now this donation.
- 1 Police and fire crews at house blaze next to hospital
- 2 Woman in her 60s dies following Gorleston fire
- 3 Flooded road causes disruption to bus services and drivers
- 4 Traffic delays on major road due to burst water main
- 5 Jaguar driver admits causing crash which left man needing 'life-saving' surgery
- 6 Inquests open into deaths of two men missing since speedboat tragedy in 2014
- 7 Fire crews rush to car blaze on A47
- 8 'No mask, no entry' - Cinema defends policy after turning away customers
- 9 Room with a dragon's view: Inside Norfolk's first wizard-themed hotel
- 10 Will Gorleston's splashpad open this summer?
“It’s been an amazing few months for us all and we are extremely grateful to Danny and the film company for their generosity.”