Danny Boyle music donation boost to college
- Credit: Archant
Danny Boyle film magic is still benefitting Gorleston after a donation was made to the town’s East Norfolk Sixth Form College as a thank you for featuring in his film.
The film company behind Mr Boyle’s Beatles-themed movie, parts of which were shot in Gorleston, has provided what is described as a generous donation to fund music equipment.
Last month the college moved its taster day to allow local students to take part in the Gorleston beach filming that involved 6,000 people playing extras in a concert.
On filming day, the college also provided 150 staff to appear as journalists.
College principal Dr Catherine Richards met up with Mr Boyle and writer Richard Curtis at the Latitude Festival to receive the donation.
Dr Richards said: “I am thrilled to accept the donation on behalf of the college.
“We have been so lucky to have such a fantastic relationship with Danny and his team. At the time, I didn’t think anything would top Danny’s visit to meet the students in May. But since then, our staff and students have had the opportunity to appear as extras in the film and now this donation.
- 1 Mixed feelings for traders as they move into Great Yarmouth's new market
- 2 Rollesby mum shares heartbreak after death of her seven-year-old daughter
- 3 Drone shots show British warship anchored off Yarmouth ahead of Jubilee
- 4 Six arrested after Willow the dog finds 'substantial' quantity of drugs
- 5 Green light for new Sainsbury's store on 850-home estate
- 6 Tributes to 'wonderful' school head who loved to see children learn
- 7 Work begins on £3m Great Yarmouth council flats development
- 8 Crews called to collapsed walker on remote Norfolk Broads' path
- 9 Hero boxer rescues man who plunged into river to save dog
- 10 8 places where you can see fireworks for free in Norfolk for the jubilee
“It’s been an amazing few months for us all and we are extremely grateful to Danny and the film company for their generosity.”