Darts players' appeal bullseye
DARTS players hit the bullseye to raise �372 for the Palliative Care East Appeal in memory of a Halvergate mum-of-three, who died from cancer.The knockout darts competition was held in memory of Barbara Hewitt, of Mill Road, who died in December only months after being told she had terminal cancer.
DARTS players hit the bullseye to raise �372 for the Palliative Care East Appeal in memory of a Halvergate mum-of-three, who died from cancer.
The knockout darts competition was held in memory of Barbara Hewitt, of Mill Road, who died in December only months after being told she had terminal cancer.
All the money raised came from �3 entry fees for the competition at Halvergate village hall on February 21, which attracted 44 competitors.
Barbara's daughter June Dunstan organised the event, which was won by Mick Patterson, who received the prize of a carvery lunch for four at the Holiday Inn at Norwich Airport.
You may also want to watch:
In addition to the darts money, a further �508 was raised by mourners at Barbara's funeral on December 22 who donated money, rather than flowers, bringing the total including the darts cash, to �880.
June said her mother, who was 59 when she died, played darts in The Wherry Darts League for Halvergate Social Club and was a keen Ipswich Town fan, visiting the club in November to meet some of the players.
- 1 Police search undergrowth as man arrested for murder of missing woman
- 2 Man arrested for murder of still missing 83-year-old
- 3 Man jailed for county lines drug dealing in Great Yarmouth
- 4 Man 'helping police with inquiries' in search for missing woman
- 5 Suspected murder victim had 'heart of gold' and 'loved life'
- 6 Rooms with a view? See two new hotel suites costing £120,000
- 7 7 big projects in Great Yarmouth and when they are happening
- 8 Funding for Hemsby sea defences a 'significant challenge'
- 9 Rail service disrupted after boat hits railway bridge
- 10 Inquest hears sister of Hannah Witheridge died while pregnant
A Ladies Night will be held at Halvergate Village Hall with the aim being to bring the total to �1,000.
Further fundraisers for the Palliative Care East Appeal will include a Ladies Night on March 28 and an Embrace Fun Run at Yarmouth racecourse on August 9. For general enquiries about the fun run, phone Spencer McCormack on 01493 452095 or Jenny Westgate on 01493 453348. To book a stand for the run, phone Jill Jacobs on 07789 361794 or 01493 781679.