Date set for work on A12 bridge
WORK to maintain the Bascule Bridge on the A12 in Lowestoft is set to start on Sunday 23 May. The Highways Agency will resurface, repaint and waterproof the bridge and is expected to complete the work in early July.
WORK to maintain the Bascule Bridge on the A12 in Lowestoft is set to start on Sunday 23 May.
The Highways Agency will resurface, repaint and waterproof the bridge and is expected to complete the work in early July.
There will be lane closures overnight with signals controlling traffic in each direction.
There will also be a full closure of the Bascule Bridge over three week nights in June between 8pm and 6am; these dates subject to progress of works and weather conditions.
You may also want to watch:
A diversion will be in place for northbound traffic along the A1117 Bloodmoor Road, the A146 to the Mutford Lock Bridge in Oulton Broad onto the A117, rejoining the A12 at the Tesco roundabout. Southbound traffic will follow the diversion in reverse.
Local traffic will need to follow a northbound diversion off London Road via Pier Terrace, Horn Hill, Waveney Drive and Bridge Road to cross Mutford Lock Bridge, and join the A12 at the top of Katwijk Way.
- 1 Fresh bid to knock down village pub for homes and shops
- 2 Beach and dunes depleted by 'massive forces' as high tides hit
- 3 Taxi driver stole more than £17,000 from his employer
- 4 Construction of £26m Marina Centre to begin in coming weeks
- 5 'Gutted' - Thieves take BMW wheels leaving car on bricks
- 6 Town in mourning as nightclub owner who 'loved everybody' dies at 49
- 7 'The most difficult one yet' - Knitting queen displays her latest creation
- 8 'I was genuinely worried' - Theatre director on reopening in Tier 2
- 9 Search for woman, 64, missing from residential home
- 10 Woman missing from residential home found 'safe and well' after search
Southbound traffic will follow the same diversion in reverse.