Date set for work on A12 bridge
WORK to maintain the Bascule Bridge on the A12 in Lowestoft is set to start on Sunday 23 May. The Highways Agency will resurface, repaint and waterproof the bridge and is expected to complete the work in early July.
WORK to maintain the Bascule Bridge on the A12 in Lowestoft is set to start on Sunday 23 May.
The Highways Agency will resurface, repaint and waterproof the bridge and is expected to complete the work in early July.
There will be lane closures overnight with signals controlling traffic in each direction.
There will also be a full closure of the Bascule Bridge over three week nights in June between 8pm and 6am; these dates subject to progress of works and weather conditions.
A diversion will be in place for northbound traffic along the A1117 Bloodmoor Road, the A146 to the Mutford Lock Bridge in Oulton Broad onto the A117, rejoining the A12 at the Tesco roundabout. Southbound traffic will follow the diversion in reverse.
Local traffic will need to follow a northbound diversion off London Road via Pier Terrace, Horn Hill, Waveney Drive and Bridge Road to cross Mutford Lock Bridge, and join the A12 at the top of Katwijk Way.
- 1 New York, Paris, Peckham, Great Yarmouth - Only Fools stars coming to town
- 2 'The best yet' - Yarmouth's celebration of wheels gearing up for return
- 3 New seafront festival promises feast of family fun
- 4 New Norfolk café is selling out of its custard tarts and Nutella-filled croissants
- 5 Access road for driveways denied to Gorleston residents
- 6 Tyson Fury is making a comeback to Gorleston
- 7 Heaven & Hell: David Whiteley and Amelia Reynolds
- 8 Charity football match to boost Norfolk and Waveney MIND
- 9 Pupils 'not afraid to share ideas' - School praised by Ofsted
- 10 The seven cheapest streets in Great Yarmouth
Southbound traffic will follow the same diversion in reverse.