Date set for work on A12 bridge
WORK to maintain the Bascule Bridge on the A12 in Lowestoft is set to start on Sunday 23 May. The Highways Agency will resurface, repaint and waterproof the bridge and is expected to complete the work in early July.
WORK to maintain the Bascule Bridge on the A12 in Lowestoft is set to start on Sunday 23 May.
The Highways Agency will resurface, repaint and waterproof the bridge and is expected to complete the work in early July.
There will be lane closures overnight with signals controlling traffic in each direction.
There will also be a full closure of the Bascule Bridge over three week nights in June between 8pm and 6am; these dates subject to progress of works and weather conditions.
You may also want to watch:
A diversion will be in place for northbound traffic along the A1117 Bloodmoor Road, the A146 to the Mutford Lock Bridge in Oulton Broad onto the A117, rejoining the A12 at the Tesco roundabout. Southbound traffic will follow the diversion in reverse.
Local traffic will need to follow a northbound diversion off London Road via Pier Terrace, Horn Hill, Waveney Drive and Bridge Road to cross Mutford Lock Bridge, and join the A12 at the top of Katwijk Way.
- 1 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 2 Student nurse's plea after two years of university work stolen from car
- 3 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
- 4 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 5 Yarmouth bridge will not lift until March 2022 as upgrade works delayed
- 6 Vacant Game store hosts walk-in Covid test centre
- 7 Petrol station staff to receive awards for attempting to save baby's life
- 8 Decision on controversial four-storey flats pushed back
- 9 Shop owners say don't worry about Christmas supplies
- 10 Third teenager arrested over Yarmouth park stabbing
Southbound traffic will follow the same diversion in reverse.