Death crash man driving wrong way on A47
AN elderly man who was killed in a crash on the A47 on Monday was driving the wrong way down the road police have confirmed.The man, who is from Norfolk, was travelling towards Norwich on the Acle bound carriageway in his white Peugeot 309 when it was involved in a collision with a black taxi.
AN elderly man who was killed in a crash on the A47 on Monday was driving the wrong way down the road police have confirmed.
The man, who is from Norfolk, was travelling towards Norwich on the Acle bound carriageway in his white Peugeot 309 when it was involved in a collision with a black taxi.
He was pronounced dead at the scene of the accident, which happened at 3.45pm by the slip road leading to Acle.
The black taxi was in the Acle bound carriageway at the time of the accident.
You may also want to watch:
Its male driver and a female passenger were both taken to hospital for minor injuries.
A police spokesman said: “At approximately 3.45pm, a white Peugeot 309 was travelling towards Norwich, but on the Acle bound carriageway, when it was in collision with a black cab heading in the opposite direction.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Thrilling Fire on the Water show to light up Yarmouth
- 3 Spectacular show to light up Great Yarmouth's Venetian Waterways
- 4 One person left with serious injuries after Yarmouth crash
- 5 Burglars make off with bird equipment after Great Yarmouth break in
- 6 Police appeal after motorcyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 7 Councillors in coastal village vow to fight 665 homes bid
- 8 Meet the Yarmouth firm on tonight's Grand Designs
- 9 Hope steps seen in Danny Boyle's Yesterday will get much-needed repairs
- 10 Woman suffers fatal heart attack in ambulance outside Paget
“PC Richard Peck, from the serious collision investigation team, would like to hear from anyone who witnessed the collision or the manner of driving of either vehicle prior to the incident.”
Both carriageways of the A47 were blocked by the crash with diversions put in place via Acle and South Walsham.
The Norwich-bound carriageway opened at 5.15pm.
As well as police, firefighters from Acle, Great Yarmouth and Sprowston attended the crash scene and used rescue equipment to free the victims from their vehicles.
Anyone with information on the collision should contact PC Peck on 0845 4564567.