Debenhams backs Palliative Care appeal
DEBENHAMS has announced today that it will be supporting local charity Palliative Care East.The retail giant encourages its stores to adopt local charities and the newly-opened store in the multi-million pound Market Gates extension will help raise money for the £1.
DEBENHAMS has announced today that it will be supporting local charity Palliative Care East.
The retail giant encourages its stores to adopt local charities and the newly-opened store in the multi-million pound Market Gates extension will help raise money for the £1.5m James Paget appeal.
The Palliative Care East centre will be built in the grounds of the hospital and serve patients from the Yarmouth and Waveney area suffering incurable illnesses.
Volunteers from the charity will be at the store during the winter spectacular next week and store manager Patrick Taylor said he hoped that with up to 25pc discount across the store customers would dig a little deeper in their pockets and donate to the charity.
You may also want to watch:
He added: “Palliative Care East aims to create something locally that will benefit Yarmouth and the people who live here. I am proud to pledge our support to the charity and hope to help them reach their goals.”
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Thrilling Fire on the Water show to light up Yarmouth
- 3 Spectacular show to light up Great Yarmouth's Venetian Waterways
- 4 One person left with serious injuries after Yarmouth crash
- 5 Burglars make off with bird equipment after Great Yarmouth break in
- 6 Police appeal after motorcyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 7 Councillors in coastal village vow to fight 665 homes bid
- 8 Meet the Yarmouth firm on tonight's Grand Designs
- 9 Hope steps seen in Danny Boyle's Yesterday will get much-needed repairs
- 10 Woman suffers fatal heart attack in ambulance outside Paget