Dedication pays off for champ Carrie
CARRIE Cohen's sculpted figure has won her a national title at her debut show.A fat-stripping diet and gym routine has won the 28-year-old newly-married mum the Miss UK trained figure champion accolade.
CARRIE Cohen's sculpted figure has won her a national title at her debut show.
A fat-stripping diet and gym routine has won the 28-year-old newly-married mum the Miss UK trained figure champion accolade.
Her toned torso is the result of eight months solid effort aimed at defining muscle and trimming her waist to a hand-span 20 inches.
And this week she said a crucial factor in her success was her husband Simon Cohen, 37, a former Mr World and two times Mr Universe.
The Caister couple who have a four year old son Xander married in July. Carrie, 28, who works on the George clothing counter in Asda, said she was amazed at her success, after her poses and routines at the event in Leeds left the other seven competitors trailing.
It means she will be entered into the British finals in May.
- 1 Roadworks will see a Gorleston road closed for three months
- 2 Seaside bar taken over for three weeks by Hollywood crew shooting film
- 3 Mayor left waiting as cruise ship can not dock at Yarmouth due to winds
- 4 Investigations continue after body part of man found on Yarmouth beach
- 5 Cyclists embark on challenge from Gorleston to London
- 6 Bid to extend life of quarry in Broads' village to 85 years
- 7 7 delicious places to eat in Great Yarmouth's Regent Road
- 8 The seven cheapest streets in Great Yarmouth
- 9 Jailed this week: County lines gang and man found with cocaine in his car
- 10 Port boss disappointed over cruise ship non-docking
She said had been following a strict high protein diet for nine weeks before the show, getting up at 6am and training for two hours most days.
“You have to be very dedicated and I did not think I would be able to do it because I like chocolate. But if you want something bad enough you can have it.”
Simon's vocation as a professional body builder takes him all over the world, often to America. “I would not have been able to do it without him,” Carrie added.