Dedication pays off for champ Carrie
CARRIE Cohen's sculpted figure has won her a national title at her debut show.A fat-stripping diet and gym routine has won the 28-year-old newly-married mum the Miss UK trained figure champion accolade.
CARRIE Cohen's sculpted figure has won her a national title at her debut show.
A fat-stripping diet and gym routine has won the 28-year-old newly-married mum the Miss UK trained figure champion accolade.
Her toned torso is the result of eight months solid effort aimed at defining muscle and trimming her waist to a hand-span 20 inches.
And this week she said a crucial factor in her success was her husband Simon Cohen, 37, a former Mr World and two times Mr Universe.
You may also want to watch:
The Caister couple who have a four year old son Xander married in July. Carrie, 28, who works on the George clothing counter in Asda, said she was amazed at her success, after her poses and routines at the event in Leeds left the other seven competitors trailing.
It means she will be entered into the British finals in May.
- 1 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 2 Petrol attack shopkeeper opens spice shop and restaurant in former pub
- 3 Land wanted by village sold to mystery buyer for £50,000 more
- 4 Work on Great Yarmouth's Third River Crossing 'progressing well'
- 5 Yarmouth man convicted of historic rape after DNA match
- 6 Too early? Family put up Christmas lights... in October
- 7 Norfolk receives overnight flood warnings
- 8 Petrol station staff to receive awards for attempting to save baby's life
- 9 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
- 10 Picturesque path stays closed to dog owners after consultation
She said had been following a strict high protein diet for nine weeks before the show, getting up at 6am and training for two hours most days.
“You have to be very dedicated and I did not think I would be able to do it because I like chocolate. But if you want something bad enough you can have it.”
Simon's vocation as a professional body builder takes him all over the world, often to America. “I would not have been able to do it without him,” Carrie added.