Delays on A47 after truck plunges into ditch
- Credit: Archant
Delays are expected on the A47 this morning after a truck veered off the road into a ditch.
Two recovery vehicles have been on stand-by on the Acle Straight waiting for the rush hour to die down and begin the process of removing the vehicle.
Emergency services rushed to the scene at around 11.10pm on Wednesday (January 22).
Three fire crews were called from Acle, Great Yarmouth, and Gorleston, to make the scene safe.
The last crew left the scene at 12.20am.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman said the driver was checked over by an ambulance crew but was not injured.
Recovery could require a lane-closure in which case police officers will be needed to manage traffic.
- 1 Vanishing village - Satellite images show incredible erosion at Winterton
- 2 9 Norfolk pubs with heated gardens for mixed households
- 3 'One of the most generous people' - Family pays tribute to town 'legend'
- 4 Girl, 13, injured in hit-and-run outside village shop
- 5 'Nothing worse than shut shops': Relief in Great Yarmouth as lockdown lifts
- 6 Parts of Norfolk may see snow by end of the week, say forecasters
- 7 Schools in Norfolk closed or partially shut due to coronavirus
- 8 Cash and jewellery stolen in Gorleston burglary
- 9 'An absolute shock' - clifftop cafe closed amid demolition fears
- 10 Police cordon at cafe and beach ahead of demolition
The incident took place at the Acle end of the single-carriageway stretch on the Yarmouth-bound side.
- You can keep up to date with all the latest travel news via our live traffic map.