Delays warning at roundabout
DRIVERS could experience delays at the hotspot Gapton Hall roundabout in Great Yarmouth from this week as new “smart” traffic lights are installed.Highways Agency workmen will set up roadworks on the roundabout itself and the southern section of the A12 leading up to the roundabout from either Friday or Monday, January 11.
DRIVERS could experience delays at the hotspot Gapton Hall roundabout in Great Yarmouth from this week as new “smart” traffic lights are installed.
Highways Agency workmen will set up roadworks on the roundabout itself and the southern section of the A12 leading up to the roundabout from either Friday or Monday, January 11. To minimise disruption, the work will take place overnight between 9pm and 6am when traffic flows are at their lightest.
The roadworks will last throughout the traffic light project, which is due to be completed by the end of March and will involve clearly signed diversions being set up to allow for resurfacing work. Speed restrictions will be in place.
The �850,000 scheme will provide new hi-tech lights triggered by detector loops under the road surface which measure traffic flows on the approaches to the junction prompting the traffic lights to change as necessary.
The aim is to tackle congestion and improve safety at the main road junction into Great Yarmouth.
Roger Chenery, Highways Agency project manager, said: “The Highways Agency is committed to reducing congestion on the roads, and this �850,000 scheme will help by allowing the Gapton Hall junction to operate much more efficiently in the future.” We expect the impact on road users due to the roadwork will be minor.”
- 1 Man who raped teen jailed for six years
- 2 Police called to 'altercation' between pupils at Norfolk school
- 3 CCTV released of Great Yarmouth man whose body part was found on beach
- 4 Yarmouth's wizard hotel to appear on Four in a Bed
- 5 'Well-respected' tattoo artist died at home after taking cocaine
- 6 Date set for road reopening after sewer collapse
- 7 Free open top bus tours to show off Great Yarmouth's seafront
- 8 Car flips on to roof in three-vehicle crash in Yarmouth
- 9 Alcohol seized during police town centre community patrols
- 10 TV show filmed in Norfolk starring Ainsley Harriott to air this month
The work will also include some changes to the approaches to the roundabout on Gapton Hall Road and Pasteur Road to make manoeuvring around it easier as well as the removal of signal control at Gapton Hall Road.