Dementia friendly cinema deal launched in Great Yarmouth
- Credit: Trevor Saunders
A dementia friendly cinema meal deal has been launched.
Great Yarmouth Dementia Action Alliance has linked with The Prom Hotel and Hollywood Cinema to offer a lunchtime package on the first Thursday of every month for carers of, and people living, with dementia.
The Prom Hotel has recently completed Dementia Friends training, and hotel manager James Docwra was presented with a certificate from Age Connected.
Mr Docwra said: 'We are delighted to be able to offer this package. The first meal deal is on Thursday, June 7 and includes a meal and cinema ticket for £10.'
Jackie Tierney, from Age Connected, who will be supporting people on the day of the lunches, said: 'We offer free dementia awareness training for businesses and groups and aim to make Great Yarmouth a 'Dementia Friendly Town'.'
You may also want to watch:
To book tickets for June 7 call 01493 842308. To book Dementia Friends training email email@example.com
- 1 Summer is saved! Resort braced for 'full-on' season
- 2 Holiday parks on coast to reopen after Easter
- 3 Customers slam boss of axed music festival over refusal to refund deposits
- 4 'Valued and enthusiastic' traffic warden died in hospital, inquest hears
- 5 Couple who drove from Hull to Norfolk for a walk among lockdown breakers
- 6 Revealed: how many people have had the Covid-19 vaccine where you live
- 7 WATCH: Homes torn down to make way for new £121m river crossing
- 8 'Skippy' the hedgehog saved from being crushed to death at recycling centre
- 9 Plans for light-up advertising boards at accident hotspot rejected
- 10 Complaints over smell from bird droppings sparks extra street cleaning