Diabetes service rolled out in Yarmouth
A service for people who have been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes is being rolled out across the Great Yarmouth and Waveney areas.The service, called Desmond, offers clear advice about diabetes for adults who have been newly diagnosed.
A service for people who have been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes is being rolled out across the Great Yarmouth and Waveney areas.
The service, called Desmond,
offers clear advice about diabetes for adults who have been newly diagnosed.
The two sessions, run by a specialist healthcare professional, last three hours and people can find out more about their condition, the sort of food to eat as well as other information that may help their condition such as regular exercise and not smoking.
Desmond, which stands for Diabetic Education and Self Management for Ongoing and Newly -diagnosed Diabetes, will consist of group sessions of about 10 people.
Dr Renee Kathuria, from Beccles Medical Centre and the clinical lead on Desmond for NHS Great Yarmouth and Waveney, said: “People who have been newly diagnosed will be able to increase their knowledge and find out some really important information
- 1 New York, Paris, Peckham, Great Yarmouth - Only Fools stars coming to town
- 2 Access road for driveways denied to Gorleston residents
- 3 Tyson Fury is making a comeback to Gorleston
- 4 'The best yet' - Yarmouth's celebration of wheels gearing up for return
- 5 New seafront festival promises feast of family fun
- 6 Pupils 'not afraid to share ideas' - School praised by Ofsted
- 7 Four men arrested following altercation by Great Yarmouth pub
- 8 Church glamping pod plan on ice as £626,000 funding bid awaits approval
- 9 Green light for quarry's expansion and longer life
- 10 Yarmouth's wizard hotel to appear on Four in a Bed
about their condition through the sessions.
“People with diabetes can find out more about what happens to them when their sugar levels increase and why they should control this.”
The sessions will be run across Great Yarmouth and Waveney in the day, evening and on Saturdays.