It ‘felt like my house was shaking’ - did you hear the roar this morning?
- Credit: Archant © 2011
Alarm clocks were not necessary for many people in the Great Yarmouth area this morning, with the “incredibly loud” sound of aircraft providing quite the shock for some.
The noise from above was reported to have taken place at around 7.50am, with some suggesting it was caused by two F15 fighter aircrafts flying over from RAF Lakenheath.
People from Great Yarmouth, Caister, Gorleston, Bradwell and beyond took to social media to share their shock.
Tony Pugh said: “I was taking my dog for his normal walk and the actual path really vibrated but the clouds were heavy and low and I looked up near the bowling area but could not see the plane.”
Shani Bessey said: “I went running out thinking it was going to crash into my house. Couldn’t see it.”
Keshley Smas said: “I’m in Lound, it was very loud and my mum was on the phone to me in Gorleston - we heard it at the same time.”
Charmaine Lamley said: “I heard it too. Felt like my house was shaking it was that bad.”
- 1 Man who raped teen jailed for six years
- 2 Police called to 'altercation' between pupils at Norfolk school
- 3 Yarmouth's wizard hotel to appear on Four in a Bed
- 4 CCTV released of Great Yarmouth man whose body part was found on beach
- 5 Date set for road reopening after sewer collapse
- 6 'Well-respected' tattoo artist died at home after taking cocaine
- 7 'It's just not viable anymore' - Pub near Great Yarmouth closes
- 8 Hospital opens £1.2m eye operation theatre to cut waiting times
- 9 TV show filmed in Norfolk starring Ainsley Harriott to air this month
- 10 Lost sailor found going backwards 12 miles off Norfolk coast
Jeanette Rollin-chase said: “Yes it was loud, I had the hoover on and that’s loud but could still hear it above that.”
Hannah Miriam said it “was incredibly loud over our house in Bradwell.”
• The Mercury is investigating the cause of the noise and is awaiting a response from RAF Lakenheath