Discover how ancestors spent time
HAVE you ever wondered how people in Norfolk spenttheir spare time before the advent of internet, TV orradio?Join the Library and Information Service in celebrating Norfolk History Month and take a trip down memory lane at one of the county's many libraries to discover how our ancestors spent their leisure time.
HAVE you ever wondered how people in Norfolk spent
their spare time before the advent of internet, TV or
Join the Library and Information Service in celebrating Norfolk History Month and take a trip down memory lane at one of the county's many libraries to discover how our ancestors spent their leisure time.
You may also want to watch:
The theme for the celebrations is historic pastimes.
Norfolk County Council cabinet member for cultural services Derrick Murphy said: “I am delighted to be celebrating Norfolk History Month as it provides us all with a wonderful opportunity to find out more about the rich history of our county and discover how our ancestors amused themselves without the modern gadgets many of us use today.”
- 1 'Very little known' about man, 76, who died at home, inquest hears
- 2 Drug dealer walks free from court for his 145th offence
- 3 Suspected murder victim had 'heart of gold' and 'loved life'
- 4 Funding for Hemsby sea defences a 'significant challenge'
- 5 Man jailed for county lines drug dealing in Great Yarmouth
- 6 'Something really fresh for Great Yarmouth' - Empire ready to re-open
- 7 Woman felt her life was 'destroyed' after rape by two men, court hears
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of murder in Gorleston is released on bail
- 9 Police sniffer dogs join search for missing woman
- 10 Public urged to check outbuildings as fears grow for missing woman
Talks on Victorian fairground rides, antique toys and games, to Wherry yachts and weaving demonstrations are just some of the activities taking place in libraries across the county this month.
As well as viewing exhibitions of old photographs, visitors
to Stalham Library will be able to try their hand at peg looms and spinning on Tuesday.
To find out more about
the range of events being
held in September to celebrate Norfolk History Month,