Discover how ancestors spent time
HAVE you ever wondered how people in Norfolk spenttheir spare time before the advent of internet, TV orradio?Join the Library and Information Service in celebrating Norfolk History Month and take a trip down memory lane at one of the county's many libraries to discover how our ancestors spent their leisure time.
HAVE you ever wondered how people in Norfolk spent
their spare time before the advent of internet, TV or
Join the Library and Information Service in celebrating Norfolk History Month and take a trip down memory lane at one of the county's many libraries to discover how our ancestors spent their leisure time.
You may also want to watch:
The theme for the celebrations is historic pastimes.
Norfolk County Council cabinet member for cultural services Derrick Murphy said: “I am delighted to be celebrating Norfolk History Month as it provides us all with a wonderful opportunity to find out more about the rich history of our county and discover how our ancestors amused themselves without the modern gadgets many of us use today.”
- 1 All you need to know about Yarmouth's first fair in the park
- 2 Airport-style security coming to seafront club amid spiking fears
- 3 Man who died after a medical episode in Hopton identified
- 4 More than 31,000 tickets sold for Fire on the Water
- 5 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 6 Potters Resort expands into Essex after acquiring new site
- 7 Spiking in Great Yarmouth club last weekend
- 8 Driver fined for drifting off road and hitting fence
- 9 Mother and daughter celebrate multi-generation graduation
- 10 Fire on the water bursts into life on Yarmouth seafront
Talks on Victorian fairground rides, antique toys and games, to Wherry yachts and weaving demonstrations are just some of the activities taking place in libraries across the county this month.
As well as viewing exhibitions of old photographs, visitors
to Stalham Library will be able to try their hand at peg looms and spinning on Tuesday.
To find out more about
the range of events being
held in September to celebrate Norfolk History Month,