Discuss fire service plans on Monday
A PUBLIC consultation on controversial fire service changes is set to take place at Great Yarmouth Library this Monday.The event will be held at the Tolhouse Street library at 6pm.
A PUBLIC consultation on controversial fire service changes is set to take place at Great Yarmouth Library this Monday.
The event will be held at the Tolhouse Street library at 6pm.
Norfolk Fire Service plans to axe 14 retained firefighters in Gorleston and replace them with a full time crew and appliance from Yarmouth.
However, the proposals, in the service's draft safety plan 2011/14, have ignited fears the changes could lead to slower response times to major incidents in the Yarmouth area.
You may also want to watch:
The 12 week consultation process began on May 24 and Yarmouth will be the first in a series of public events around the county during July and August.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Thrilling Fire on the Water show to light up Yarmouth
- 3 Spectacular show to light up Great Yarmouth's Venetian Waterways
- 4 One person left with serious injuries after Yarmouth crash
- 5 Police appeal after motorcyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 6 Burglars make off with bird equipment after Great Yarmouth break in
- 7 Councillors in coastal village vow to fight 665 homes bid
- 8 Meet the Yarmouth firm on tonight's Grand Designs
- 9 Hope steps seen in Danny Boyle's Yesterday will get much-needed repairs
- 10 Dog prices stay high after lockdown boom, buyers say