Disgraced Norfolk solicitor jailed
A disgraced Norfolk solicitor convicted of a string of sex offences has been jailed for 11 years.Michael Hynes appeared for sentencing before Norwich Crown Court today after earlier being found guilty of rape, sexual activity with a child and assault.
A disgraced Norfolk solicitor convicted of a string of sex offences has been jailed for 11 years.
Michael Hynes appeared for sentencing before Norwich Crown Court today after earlier being found guilty of rape, sexual activity with a child and assault.
The 46-year-old of Upper Street, Salhouse, offered no mitigation. His victim, who cannot be named for legal reasons, was not in court to witness the sentencing.
Judge Paul Downes said: “You have no previous convictiction and something of a sparkling educational career.
You may also want to watch:
“But this was a catalogue of offences over a long period of time towards somebody whom you owed a trust.”
The court heard how the crimes only came to light when the girl was admitted to the Priory suffering from depression.
- 1 Drone photo shows £26m seafront leisure centre taking shape
- 2 'Water runs down the walls' - Woman, 65, hits out at mouldy council flat
- 3 Norfolk and Suffolk Election 2021: Low turnout in Great Yarmouth
- 4 What's opening in Great Yarmouth from May 17?
- 5 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 6 Buy a B&B as nine for sale in 'boom year' for budget hotels
- 7 Man jailed after abducting 14-year-old girl
- 8 Man charged with having more than 220,000 indecent images of children
- 9 Man dies after being found unresponsive in car at retail park
- 10 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
Hynes worked in commercial property law for internationally renowned London-based firm Simmons and Simmons before moving to Norfolk with Mills and Reeve and most recently with Howes Percival.