Don't miss Hucks and those legends
Darren Huckerby was the star attraction off the pitch ahead of what has been billed as his final match in England. The former Norwich City winger appeared at Great Yarmouth's Legends Lounge Bar to talk about his illustrious career with the club.
Darren Huckerby was the star attraction off the pitch ahead of what has been billed as his final match in England.
The former Norwich City winger appeared at Great Yarmouth's Legends Lounge Bar to talk about his illustrious career with the club.
A full house was treated to more than an hour of entertaining insights into the life and career of the former Canaries favourite.
Many questions focused on his departure from Carrow Road at the end of last season and the current state of the club.
You may also want to watch:
Huckerby, who is now playing Major League soccer in the United States, will be among some of the Canaries' all-time greats appearing for Dale Gordon's Norwich City Legends team against a Great Yarmouth Town XI on Wednesday, January 28.
Other big names lined up for the match include Dion Dublin, Iwan Roberts, Robert Fleck, Chris Sutton, Bryan Gunn and Jeremy Goss.
- 1 'Something really fresh for Great Yarmouth' - Empire ready to re-open
- 2 Woman felt her life was 'destroyed' after rape by two men, court hears
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of murder in Gorleston is released on bail
- 4 Police sniffer dogs join search for missing woman
- 5 Public urged to check outbuildings as fears grow for missing woman
- 6 'Very little known' about man, 76, who died at home, inquest hears
- 7 Drug dealer walks free from court for his 145th offence
- 8 Suspected murder victim had 'heart of gold' and 'loved life'
- 9 Man jailed for county lines drug dealing in Great Yarmouth
- 10 Funding for Hemsby sea defences a 'significant challenge'
The Legends team is managed by former City boss Dave Stringer, with ex-Bloaters
boss Bill Punton, who was a member of the Canaries' famous 1959 FA cup semi-final side, taking charge of the Yarmouth Town XI.
All the money raised from the match will go to Yarmouth FC, where Gordon is director of football.
Other stars from City's 1959 cup run team are expected to attend the match, along with members of the current squad, to mark the 50th anniversary of their heroic cup exploits.
After the question-and-answer session, a raffle draw was held for prizes that included a signed shirt, football and tickets for the Legends match.
Towards the end of the evening Gordon announced that he had been given an exclusive item by the player himself - a pair of his signed match-worn boots, - and these went for more than £200 at auction.
Gordon said: “We had a great crowd in, and everyone had a brilliant night.”
Firms interested in providing associate sponsorship for the match should contact Dale Gordon on 07702 253229.
Tickets for the game at Yarmouth, kick-off 7.30pm, are £10 for adults and £5 for children, available from Legends, in Sandown Road (01493 843373); the Pub on the Prom, Marine Parade; David Mobbs Sports, in King Street; and Norwich City's ticket offices at Carrow Road and The Mall Norwich.