Don't step on Davros's blue suede shoes
DR WHO's arch-enemy comes face to face with the king of rock 'n' Roll next week in Great Yarmouth.Terry Molloy, who played villain Davros in the BBC series, and Elvis tribute act Peter Sisman will be adding to the entertainment during late-night shopping on Wednesday.
DR WHO's arch-enemy comes face to face with the king of rock 'n' Roll next week in Great Yarmouth.
Terry Molloy, who played villain Davros in the BBC series, and Elvis tribute act Peter Sisman will be adding to the entertainment during late-night shopping on Wednesday.
There are two remaining Summer Wednesday shopping events, organ-ised by the Town Centre Partnership and Market Gates Shopping Centre.
Melting Pot Cabaret has scheduled a feast of live music acts for Market Place, with Market Gates playing host to author signings, fashion shows and craft workshops as well the return of Elvis.
Donkey rides, face-painting, balloon modelling and children's rides all add to the family-fun atmosphere.
After four late-night events, the signs are that traders have seen some sales growth on Wednesdays, with afternoons getting steadily busier as shoppers are encouraged to stay longer through special parking offers and entertainment.
- 1 Green light for new Sainsbury's store on 850-home estate
- 2 Drone shots show British warship anchored off Yarmouth ahead of Jubilee
- 3 Work begins on £3m Great Yarmouth council flats development
- 4 Mixed feelings for traders as they move into Great Yarmouth's new market
- 5 Hero boxer rescues man who plunged into river to save dog
- 6 Six arrested after Willow the dog finds 'substantial' quantity of drugs
- 7 Pleasure Beach to hold fireworks spectacular for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 8 Man stopped by police while driving day after admitting he had no licence
- 9 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 10 'Spectacular' parade of horses to celebrate Queen's Jubilee on Golden Mile
Parking is free in borough council town centre car parks every day from 4pm, and the Market Gates multi-storey has a one-off fee on Wednesdays of �1.50 from 3pm-11pm.
Traders will decide whether to repeat the initiative next year once the final week of late-night trading has been completed.
Wednesday, August 19
Market Place - 5 to 5.30pm Punch and Judy; 5.30 to 6pm EFX (girl band); 6 to 6.30pm Punch and Judy; 6.30-7pm Ricky Woods (acoustic musician); 7-7.30pm Girl in a Thunderbolt (singer).
5pm to 7.30pm - donkey rides, bungee, trampolines, face painting and balloon modelling.
Market Gates Shopping Centre -
5-8pm, children's workshop; clairvoyant (free 10-minute readings); Pamela Brooks book signing, Books Inside; Terry Molloy; Elvis; Blue Zoo Fashion Show launch, Debenhams.
Wednesday, August 26
Market Place: 5-5.30pm Punch and Judy; 5.30-6pm The Daughters of East Anglia (belly dancing); 6-6.30pm Punch and Judy; 6.30 -7pm The Ferries (rock band)
5pm-7.30pm - donkey rides, bungee, trampolines, face painting and balloon modelling.
Market Gates Shopping Centre - 5-8pm, children's workshop; Herbie Hide book signing, Books Inside.