Donation aids memory club
YOUNG people's theatre group Dusmagrik presented �280 to St Andrew's Memory Club. Funds were raised by young performers with a raffle and charity collection.
YOUNG people's theatre group Dusmagrik presented �280 to St Andrew's Memory Club.
Funds were raised by young performers with a raffle and charity collection.
The cheque was presented to Mel Thomas of the memory club, a voluntary project which supports people suffering memory problems. It relies totally on donations and has just been awarded a grant of �5,998 from NHS Great Yarmouth and Waveney.
The club runs every Tuesday at St Andrew's Chapter House in Gorleston providing reminiscences, activities, outings and. A second club is also held at Magdalen Way Methodist Church every Wednesday.
You may also want to watch:
For more information about the club, call Mel Thomas on 01493 600040 or Carol Gibbs for the Wednesday sessions on 01493 601603.
- 1 The Range confirms new store at former Outfit on retail park
- 2 'One in a million' - Bradwell teacher who brought joy to the classroom
- 3 Anger after toilets trashed by youngsters smoking cannabis
- 4 Senior detective's plea to help solve murder of 'lovely lady'
- 5 Further tributes paid to 'larger than life' Gorleston murder victim
- 6 Classic VW camper van gutted by fire on A47
- 7 Holiday homes bid for site of former landmark hotel
- 8 Inquest into death of 23-year-old found on beach adjourned again
- 9 Trek the city on the T.rex trail
- 10 Murder investigation launched after woman found dead following house fire