Donation aids memory club
YOUNG people's theatre group Dusmagrik presented �280 to St Andrew's Memory Club. Funds were raised by young performers with a raffle and charity collection.
YOUNG people's theatre group Dusmagrik presented �280 to St Andrew's Memory Club.
Funds were raised by young performers with a raffle and charity collection.
The cheque was presented to Mel Thomas of the memory club, a voluntary project which supports people suffering memory problems. It relies totally on donations and has just been awarded a grant of �5,998 from NHS Great Yarmouth and Waveney.
The club runs every Tuesday at St Andrew's Chapter House in Gorleston providing reminiscences, activities, outings and. A second club is also held at Magdalen Way Methodist Church every Wednesday.
You may also want to watch:
For more information about the club, call Mel Thomas on 01493 600040 or Carol Gibbs for the Wednesday sessions on 01493 601603.
- 1 Seaside restaurant hit with zero food hygiene rating
- 2 Norfolk boxer turns pro after winning fight against bullies
- 3 Land 'on fringe' of popular Norfolk village set for auction
- 4 New £14m special education school opens after two-year build
- 5 Great Yarmouth's Portuguese residents' share love for 'second home'
- 6 Norfolk man wins electric motorcycle worth £12,000
- 7 Apartment blocks close to seafront set for auction
- 8 Key workers share 'frustrating' impact of panic-buying of fuel
- 9 'I want to help as many people as I can' - Caister student's song for mental health
- 10 Bin collection days to change across Great Yarmouth area