Doors open to 15 eco homes
A ceremony took place at Larchwood Close in Lingwood to mark the completion of 15 GreenGauge eco homes.BBC presenter Stewart White (pictured) planted a tree to commemorate the affordable housing development which is being monitored by the University of East Anglia.
A ceremony took place at Larchwood Close in Lingwood to mark the completion of 15 GreenGauge eco homes.
BBC presenter Stewart White (pictured) planted a tree to commemorate the affordable housing development which is being monitored by the University of East Anglia.
Residents and their families were joined by representatives of Victory Housing Trust, Flagship Housing Group, Broadland District Council, Lingwood Parish Council, the University of East Anglia and Carbon Connections.
The £1.7m development was handed £540,000 from the Housing Corporation. The scheme, built by Youngs Homes, comprises a mix of seven three-bedroom homes and eight two-bedroom homes with eleven for affordable rent and four for shared ownership.
You may also want to watch:
One pair of homes has been built without renewable energy sources for comparison. The other 13 homes use a series of low and zero carbon technologies which include ground source heat pumps, solar thermal and photovoltaic units and passive solar-heated sunspaces, each home having one dedicated renewable energy source.
The first year of occupation is being monitored by the University of East Anglia, funded by Carbon Connections. The study will explore the economic and social implications of these low and zero carbon technologies.
- 1 All you need to know about Yarmouth's first fair in the park
- 2 Police called after elderly, sick seal attacked with stones
- 3 More than 31,000 tickets sold for Fire on the Water
- 4 Airport-style security coming to seafront club amid spiking fears
- 5 Where sewage is being emptied in rivers and waters around Yarmouth
- 6 The budget: Great Yarmouth estate to receive £860,000
- 7 Man who died after a medical episode in Hopton identified
- 8 Mother and daughter celebrate multi-generation graduation
- 9 This pub can be included on your Trick or Treat round
- 10 New boost for the Wellesley