Driver dies as car crashes into wall
A MAN in his mid-twenties was killed in a fatal crash near Norwich in the early hours on Friday.A silver Lexus crashed into a garden wall, killing the driver, on Wroxham Road, Rackheath, at the junction with Swash Lane near the Green Man pub.
A MAN in his mid-twenties was killed in a fatal crash near Norwich in the early hours on Friday.
A silver Lexus crashed into a garden wall, killing the driver, on Wroxham Road, Rackheath, at the junction with Swash Lane near the Green Man pub.
Police, ambulance and fire crews were called at about 5.15am.
Paramedics treated a second person at the scene for minor facial injuries.
You may also want to watch:
People living nearby became aware of the accident in the early hours after police arrived and closed the road from Green Lane West.
It is the second time in less than a year a tragedy has occurred on the road.
- 1 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 2 Queen writes to Lily, 5, in reply to condolences card
- 3 Bid for four-storey waterside flats on warehouse site
- 4 Nine cars damaged in overnight spree in Great Yarmouth
- 5 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 6 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 7 Woman, 29, gets cervical cancer all-clear after lockdown shock
- 8 Legal challenge over riverside footpath is finally resolved
- 9 Drone photo shows £26m seafront leisure centre taking shape
- 10 9 long walking trails to explore in Norfolk
Last October 19-year-old Matthew Jones died nine days after crashing his Renault Clio. An 18-year-old was also injured in the accident.
One woman who lives on Green Lane West, near the crash, said: “We have been concerned about the road for years and in the last five years there have been more and more accidents.”
Anthony Muddel, who also lives close to the scene, said: “It's a very bad road and it's very bad for accidents. We have had people come in and leave blood on the carpet. We contact the police and bring them inside.
“It is frustrating but we are so used to it, each time we just hope that there is not a death.”
Any witnesses to the collision or the Silver Lexus while it was travelling towards the city