Driver dies as car crashes into wall
A MAN in his mid-twenties was killed in a fatal crash near Norwich in the early hours on Friday.A silver Lexus crashed into a garden wall, killing the driver, on Wroxham Road, Rackheath, at the junction with Swash Lane near the Green Man pub.
A MAN in his mid-twenties was killed in a fatal crash near Norwich in the early hours on Friday.
A silver Lexus crashed into a garden wall, killing the driver, on Wroxham Road, Rackheath, at the junction with Swash Lane near the Green Man pub.
Police, ambulance and fire crews were called at about 5.15am.
Paramedics treated a second person at the scene for minor facial injuries.
You may also want to watch:
People living nearby became aware of the accident in the early hours after police arrived and closed the road from Green Lane West.
It is the second time in less than a year a tragedy has occurred on the road.
- 1 'Something really fresh for Great Yarmouth' - Empire ready to re-open
- 2 Woman felt her life was 'destroyed' after rape by two men, court hears
- 3 Police sniffer dogs join search for missing woman
- 4 Public urged to check outbuildings as fears grow for missing woman
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of murder in Gorleston is released on bail
- 6 'Very little known' about man, 76, who died at home, inquest hears
- 7 Drug dealer walks free from court for his 145th offence
- 8 Funding for Hemsby sea defences a 'significant challenge'
- 9 Former Norwich City stars to play in Mike Sutton memorial match
- 10 Suspected murder victim had 'heart of gold' and 'loved life'
Last October 19-year-old Matthew Jones died nine days after crashing his Renault Clio. An 18-year-old was also injured in the accident.
One woman who lives on Green Lane West, near the crash, said: “We have been concerned about the road for years and in the last five years there have been more and more accidents.”
Anthony Muddel, who also lives close to the scene, said: “It's a very bad road and it's very bad for accidents. We have had people come in and leave blood on the carpet. We contact the police and bring them inside.
“It is frustrating but we are so used to it, each time we just hope that there is not a death.”
Any witnesses to the collision or the Silver Lexus while it was travelling towards the city