Driver fell asleep, inquest told
A 25-year-old man died after falling asleep at the wheel of his car.Darren Walker, of Churchill Road, Yarmouth, died in a head-on collision on the A47 at North Burlingham, near Acle, on August 25 last year.
A 25-year-old man died after falling asleep at the wheel of his car.
Darren Walker, of Churchill Road, Yarmouth, died in a head-on collision on the A47 at North Burlingham, near Acle, on August 25 last year.
Julia Ryder told the inquest that immediately before the crash she hooted her car's horn at Mr Walker who was drifting on to the wrong side of the road, and she saw his eyes were shut with his head nearly touching the steering wheel.
She managed to avoid a collision but Mr Walker then crashed into the Peugeot behind her.
You may also want to watch:
“It is safe to conclude that Darren must have fallen asleep,” said Greater Norfolk coroner William Armstrong, who added that all drivers must make sure they are fit and alert before starting a journey.
He recorded a verdict that Mr Walker died from a road traffic collision.
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 3 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 4 Spiking in Great Yarmouth club last weekend
- 5 How Great Yarmouth are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 6 Bid for new affordable homes on 'eyesore' site in Gorleston
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 8 Mother-of-two takes over slumber party business
- 9 New vintage store opens bigger premises
- 10 Fire on the water bursts into life on Yarmouth seafront