Drunken burglar jailed for 12 months
A DRUNKEN woman who burgled a home while the occupant was asleep was yesterday jailed for 12 months.Tara Scott, 28, broke into the home in Cobholm, near Great Yarmouth, after thinking the owners were out - but the sleeping woman householder was woken by voices.
A DRUNKEN woman who burgled a home while the occupant was asleep was yesterday jailed for 12 months.
Tara Scott, 28, broke into the home in Cobholm, near Great Yarmouth, after thinking the owners were out - but the sleeping woman householder was woken by voices.
She saw Scott with another female and a man running from the scene, and items stolen included a Playstation, £400, cigarettes, a digital camera and four rings.
Lori Tucker, prosecuting, told Norwich Crown Court that Scott was arrested after her fingerprint was found at the scene and a pair of trainers, which were also taken in the burglary, was found at her home.
You may also want to watch:
Scott, of North Quay, Yarmouth, admitted the burglary in June.
Jailing Scott, Recorder Guy Ayers said that being drunk was no excuse. “People who go into other people's homes at night when they are occupied must expect to go to prison,” he said.
- 1 'It's been emotional' - New restaurant to finally welcome indoor diners
- 2 Firefighters tackle 'deliberate' house fire
- 3 A bad day to launch resort's open-topped bus
- 4 Pile of fly-tipped rubbish (including a car) finally cleared away
- 5 Village bids for 'summer evening vibe' with launch of outdoor market
- 6 Former pubs, schools and leisure centres among arson-hit sites
- 7 5 amazing Norfolk properties for if you win the lottery
- 8 How did Norfolk man end up buried in Iceland?
- 9 Great Yarmouth man banned from high street at night
- 10 Coastal holiday parks getting £3m investment
Michael Clare, mitigating, said Scott had mental health difficulties and had been drinking heavily at the time.
“She was led into this when she was hopelessly drunk,” he said.