Drunken burglar jailed for 12 months
A DRUNKEN woman who burgled a home while the occupant was asleep was yesterday jailed for 12 months.Tara Scott, 28, broke into the home in Cobholm, near Great Yarmouth, after thinking the owners were out - but the sleeping woman householder was woken by voices.
A DRUNKEN woman who burgled a home while the occupant was asleep was yesterday jailed for 12 months.
Tara Scott, 28, broke into the home in Cobholm, near Great Yarmouth, after thinking the owners were out - but the sleeping woman householder was woken by voices.
She saw Scott with another female and a man running from the scene, and items stolen included a Playstation, £400, cigarettes, a digital camera and four rings.
Lori Tucker, prosecuting, told Norwich Crown Court that Scott was arrested after her fingerprint was found at the scene and a pair of trainers, which were also taken in the burglary, was found at her home.
You may also want to watch:
Scott, of North Quay, Yarmouth, admitted the burglary in June.
Jailing Scott, Recorder Guy Ayers said that being drunk was no excuse. “People who go into other people's homes at night when they are occupied must expect to go to prison,” he said.
- 1 Rovers return? New landlords relaunch village pub with parties and Sunday lunches for dogs
- 2 New Banksy-style mural adds to town's crop of street art
- 3 A47 closed due to two-car crash at Acle straight
- 4 Historic pub poised for mini-market use bringing 20 jobs
- 5 Inquest begins into death of decorator who died at home
- 6 Family devastated after death of much-loved and well-known horse
- 7 Acrobats and falcons wow crowds at the Out There Festival
- 8 Do you recognise this man?
- 9 Inquest date set for Gorleston woman found on beach
- 10 Driver dies in crash on A47
Michael Clare, mitigating, said Scott had mental health difficulties and had been drinking heavily at the time.
“She was led into this when she was hopelessly drunk,” he said.