Duo arrested over caravan blaze
A pair of teenagers have been arrested after they allegedly ran amok in a seaside village and set fire to a caravan and smashed six cars.The 14-year-olds were seized by officers after a £50,000 caravan was set ablaze in Hopton, near Yarmouth, on Friday morning.
A pair of teenagers have been arrested after they allegedly ran amok in a seaside village and set fire to a caravan and smashed six cars.
The 14-year-olds were seized by officers after a £50,000 caravan was set ablaze in Hopton, near Yarmouth, on Friday morning.
Two fire crews had to tackle the blaze which was deliberately started in the early hours at the Hopton Holiday Village in Warren Road.
Police also believe the two boys may have been behind a series of attacks on six cars parked in Lowestoft Road between Thursday night and Friday morning.
You may also want to watch:
The cars' bodywork and windows were damaged after stones and rocks were thrown at them.
Police have bailed the two teenagers while they carry out further investigations.
- 1 Thrilling Fire on the Water show to light up Yarmouth
- 2 One person left with serious injuries after Yarmouth crash
- 3 Police appeal after motorcyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 4 Burglars make off with bird equipment after Great Yarmouth break in
- 5 Spectacular show to light up Great Yarmouth's Venetian Waterways
- 6 Hope steps seen in Danny Boyle's Yesterday will get much-needed repairs
- 7 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 8 Meet the Yarmouth firm on tonight's Grand Designs
- 9 Dog prices stay high after lockdown boom, buyers say
- 10 Woman suffers fatal heart attack in ambulance outside Paget
Anyone with information on the suspected arson and criminal damage can contact PC Mark Colley on 0845 456 4567.