East Coast Hospice charity celebrates opening of Acle shop
- Credit: Archant
The latest East Coast Hospice charity shop has been opened in Acle with queues outside the door and the sweet sounds of the Acle St Edmund Youth Orchestra drifting on the air.
The Hon Jacquetta Cator performed the official opening ceremony, cutting the ribbon and saying a few words of thanks to the locals who gathered to support the opening.
The shop, situated on The Street, has seen brisk trading over the first week and is receiving lots of donations from the public and has had a host of people volunteering their time to help staff the shop.
East Coast Hospice is working towards raising the funds to build a purpose built 10 bedded hospice with day care
facilities for the people from the East Norfolk, Great Yarmouth and Waveney and east Suffolk areas.
With land purchased and detailed plans drawn up, the charity is at the stage of securing possible grant funding along with
the money raised through the shop network, from community fundraising events and donations.
- 1 Mixed feelings for traders as they move into Great Yarmouth's new market
- 2 Rollesby mum shares heartbreak after death of her seven-year-old daughter
- 3 Six arrested after Willow the dog finds 'substantial' quantity of drugs
- 4 Drone shots show British warship anchored off Yarmouth ahead of Jubilee
- 5 Green light for new Sainsbury's store on 850-home estate
- 6 Tributes to 'wonderful' school head who loved to see children learn
- 7 Crews called to collapsed walker on remote Norfolk Broads' path
- 8 Work begins on £3m Great Yarmouth council flats development
- 9 Hero boxer rescues man who plunged into river to save dog
- 10 8 places where you can see fireworks for free in Norfolk for the jubilee
The Acle St Edmund Youth Orchestra is made up of some talented pupils from the Acle Academy and perform with their teacher Elaine Brown.
The orchestra are great supporters of the charity, performing at events and raising money through the sale of two CDs, both of which can be bought in any of the charity’s shops.
The shop welcomes donations of clothes and bric-a-brac and offers from volunteers. Call 01493 751444.
If you would like to know more about the charity or find out how you can help with our fundraising efforts visit www.eastcoasthospice.org.uk or call 01493 718707.