Easter fair rolls into Yarmouth
THE travelling Easter fair will roll into Great Yarmouth next Thursday and will be officially opened by mayor Terry Easter at 3pm. Mr Easter will lead a civic procession from the Town Hall before handing over the Key to the Fair to the showmen at midday before taking a ride on the dodgems with council colleagues.
THE travelling Easter fair will roll into Great Yarmouth next Thursday and will be officially opened by mayor Terry Easter.
Mr Easter will lead a civic procession from the Town Hall before handing over the Key to the Fair to the showmen at midday.
Then at 3pm Mr Easter will officially open the fair and take a ride on the dodgems.
Held as usual on the Market Place, Fullers Hill and Brewery Plain, rides will be running at reduced prices next Thursday between 6pm and 10pm.
Market manager Duncan Mallett said: “Opening the fair for four days was such a success last year, that we have listened to public demand. As an added bonus anyone purchasing a copy of the Great Yarmouth Mercury or The Advertiser will get a voucher giving them 50p off all rides all day on Sunday.”
As always there is something for everyone from heart-in-the-mouth rides such as the Extreme and Terminator, to the more sedate roundabouts or pitting skills to win a cuddly toy.
- 1 Football club president is face known to thousand of Hippodrome fans
- 2 Where you can watch fireworks in Great Yarmouth this summer
- 3 Plans to revamp Great Yarmouth town centre gather pace
- 4 Everything you need to know ahead of Great Yarmouth Wheels Festival
- 5 7 famous faces with Great Yarmouth links
- 6 Rapid growth of farm shop proves value of business diversity
- 7 Man killed 96-year-old bystander in road rage crash
- 8 PM's pledge over new hospitals, including James Paget, to be probed
- 9 'Significant construction' on A47 to begin in 2023
- 10 Pupils put best feet forward to celebrate their school's 150th anniversary
There will also be a fireworks display on Saturday at 9pm.
Fair opening times are Thursday, April 16, 3pm to 11pm; Friday, April 17, 10am to 11pm; Saturday, April 18, 10am to 11pm; Sunday, April 19, 10am to 10pm.