Easter fair rolls into Yarmouth
THE travelling Easter fair will roll into Great Yarmouth next Thursday and will be officially opened by mayor Terry Easter at 3pm. Mr Easter will lead a civic procession from the Town Hall before handing over the Key to the Fair to the showmen at midday before taking a ride on the dodgems with council colleagues.
THE travelling Easter fair will roll into Great Yarmouth next Thursday and will be officially opened by mayor Terry Easter.
Mr Easter will lead a civic procession from the Town Hall before handing over the Key to the Fair to the showmen at midday.
Then at 3pm Mr Easter will officially open the fair and take a ride on the dodgems.
Held as usual on the Market Place, Fullers Hill and Brewery Plain, rides will be running at reduced prices next Thursday between 6pm and 10pm.
You may also want to watch:
Market manager Duncan Mallett said: “Opening the fair for four days was such a success last year, that we have listened to public demand. As an added bonus anyone purchasing a copy of the Great Yarmouth Mercury or The Advertiser will get a voucher giving them 50p off all rides all day on Sunday.”
As always there is something for everyone from heart-in-the-mouth rides such as the Extreme and Terminator, to the more sedate roundabouts or pitting skills to win a cuddly toy.
- 1 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 2 Land 'on fringe' of popular Norfolk village set for auction
- 3 Great Yarmouth's Portuguese residents' share love for 'second home'
- 4 Bin collection days to change across Great Yarmouth area
- 5 Apartment blocks close to seafront set for auction
- 6 Town's dog grooming salon celebrates 20 years in business
- 7 Key workers share 'frustrating' impact of panic-buying of fuel
- 8 New Sainsbury's plan revealed for Bradwell
- 9 Why has a golden dome appeared in this Norfolk town?
- 10 Man dies after 'medical incident' on Yarmouth seafront
There will also be a fireworks display on Saturday at 9pm.
Fair opening times are Thursday, April 16, 3pm to 11pm; Friday, April 17, 10am to 11pm; Saturday, April 18, 10am to 11pm; Sunday, April 19, 10am to 10pm.