Families to be treated to eggcellent entertainment at shopping centre
- Credit: Archant
Families visiting Market Gates shopping centre during the Easter holidays will be treated to a host of eggcellent activities.
The fun at Market Gates in Great Yarmouth kicks off on Friday, April 5, where videos will be taken in selected stores of a member of the shop team showing ‘What’s Hatching’ in their store by pulling two or three items from an Easter Egg.
Followers on Facebook will then be invited to guess the total price of the items.
A video from each participating shop will be posted each day on the Market Gates’ Facebook page with one winner selected from all the posts over the promotion period.
Children visiting the shopping centre on Thursday, April 12, will treated to sleight of hand magic from one of the Britain’s top children’s magicians – Trevor Cline.
Trevor has been performing magic professionally for twenty-six years at leading venues such as Grosvenor Hotel, Savoy Hotel and Arsenal Football Club.
Performances will take place at 11.30am, 1.00pm and 3.00pm.
- 1 Seaside bar taken over for three weeks by Hollywood crew shooting film
- 2 Roadworks will see a Gorleston road closed for three months
- 3 Mayor left waiting as cruise ship can not dock at Yarmouth due to winds
- 4 7 delicious places to eat in Great Yarmouth's Regent Road
- 5 Investigations continue after body part of man found on Yarmouth beach
- 6 Cyclists embark on challenge from Gorleston to London
- 7 The seven cheapest streets in Great Yarmouth
- 8 Great Yarmouth roadworks expected to be finished by the end of the month
- 9 £65,000 of improvements will see Gorleston street closed for six weeks
- 10 'Revolutionary' cancer test trial to begin in Great Yarmouth
The fun will continue on Thursday, April 18, when youngsters can take part in Easter craft workshops and make and take, Easter Baskets, Rabbit Faces and Easter Bonnets.
Deputy centre manager, Dee Greenwood, said: “Children love the mystery of magic and who doesn’t like colouring and making things.
“We hope our Easter activities will tick all the boxes and our young shoppers will enjoy the entertainment we have organised.”