Ecology report delays Acle library plans
PLANS for a new �250,000 extension to Acle Library have been delayed while an ecology report takes place.Parish clerk Pauline James revealed the Norfolk County Council work had been delayed at a meeting of the village's parish council last week.
PLANS for a new �250,000 extension to Acle Library have been delayed while an ecology report takes place.
Parish clerk Pauline James revealed the Norfolk County Council work had been delayed at a meeting of the village's parish council last week.
The 75sqm extension will more than double the library's size and the county council aims to create a more modern library with improvements including increased computer access and more opportunities to hold events and activities, such as story and rhyme times for children and babies.
A family room would also be created on site, along with a new self-service area for library customers.
You may also want to watch:
The extension had been timed to coincide with the creation of a children's centre on the same site which is scheduled for completion in April next year. But Mrs James did not say how long the project had been delayed for.
In May, parish council chairman Basil Tibbenham welcomed the plans, saying: “The parish council has been asking for this for some time now because it seemed a bit cramped and it is very well used so it is good that it is going to be doubled in size. It is open most days and there is a clear demand for it. It is a very well used facility and well located in the village."
- 1 Do you recognise this man?
- 2 Norfolk beach ranked among world's top tourist attractions
- 3 Out There Festival 2021 begins today
- 4 Trainee probation officer shared intimate photos with convicted murderer
- 5 'It's a big pain' - Third river crossing work leaves businessman frustrated
- 6 Ex-Charter Academy head known for discipline causing stir in new role
- 7 Can you spot yourself at Great Yarmouth Ladies Day?
- 8 'I'm totally shocked' - metal railings stolen from Gorleston home
- 9 Sisters realise late parents' dream by opening coffee shop
- 10 Children’s commissioner opens expanding school’s £7m new building