Acle mum’s plea over play park
A MUM has spoken out in protest against the state of Acle’s play park which is in desperate need of a revamp after years of wear and tear.
Danniella Peacock, who has two children aged four and nine, is eager for something to be done to improve the area, off Bridewell Lane, which she claims is dangerous.
The 40-year-old, who has lived in the village for 12 years, said: “I think the park at the moment is absolutely disgraceful and it has been like it for years.
“There are approximately 300 children who go to the school in Acle, which means the park is really well used.
“But I have seen broken glass in the play area and the park benches and seesaw are broken. There is also other equipment which could be dangerous.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s a shame because we see the other parks in the surrounding villages and they all have lovely parks for their children.
“People say that part of the problem is vandalism, but there needs to be something done for the older children as well – like a skatepark.”
- 1 Four fish and chip shops listed among the best in the country
- 2 Man staged his own kidnap to get ransom from his family
- 3 Watch our virtual tour of Pleasure Beach's new Snails and Fairytales ride
- 4 Council to splash out £1.9m on Great Yarmouth town centre
- 5 Delivery driver fined for 'flagrant' seafront stunt caught on CCTV
- 6 Hotel and restaurant for sale for £150,000 less two years on
- 7 Trio from Great Yarmouth charged with Norwich betting shop robbery
- 8 Asda says redundancy 'last option' for bakery staff
- 9 New surface planned for 'muddy' track popular with walkers
- 10 Deliveroo to launch in Great Yarmouth with 45 restaurants signed up
The Acle play park is overseen by the Acle Recreation Centre committee, which is in the process of electing a new chairman.
Brian Grint, a member of the committee, said there had been a conversation between them and Acle parish council about improving the park.
He said: “We have been speaking to the parish council about the possibility of getting the play park upgraded but at the moment there is the problem of getting the funds.
“But we are hoping that we can get the park updated in the next couple years.”