Arts venue The Garage to offer scholarships to Great Yarmouth youngsters
- Credit: Archant
A performing arts venue is looking for talented individuals from Great Yarmouth to offer scholarships to.
The Garage, which is based in Norwich, has six scholarships on offer for its new Higher National Certificate courses.
Two scholarships, worth £21,000, are available in either acting, dance or musical theatre pathways.
Half will be awarded to current participants at The Garage and the remainder are available to the wider public.
Learning and inclusion director at The Garage, Toni Bentley, said: “The Garage is very much about changing people’s lives, and this investment in local talented young people is a fantastic demonstration of this.
“These courses will offer professional quality technique training and audition preparation, acting as a springboard for performers to go on to the best training schools and universities in the country, so being awarded one of these scholarships really could transform someone’s career.”
The HNC courses adds to The Garage’s education provision, they have offered GCSE Dance since January and it will be welcoming its new cohort in January 2018.
- 1 Builder of 15 years puts down tools and opens smokehouse restaurant
- 2 Body found in the sea at Great Yarmouth
- 3 Man charged in connection with coastal village burglaries
- 4 Banksy work removed and put in museum due to local sensitivity
- 5 5 TV shows and films shot in Norfolk getting released in 2022
- 6 East Norfolk road closed with firefighters at the scene
- 7 Great Yarmouth food bank is coping well as another faces closure
- 8 Events planned to empower and support Great Yarmouth girls
- 9 Lovely jubbly! Only Fools and Horses tribute show heads to town
- 10 People offered chance to have their say on policing in coastal town
The courses will run from September until next February.
Auditions will be held at an open day on Saturday, May 13. Any scholarships not awarded then will be available to apply for at the following open day on June 24. Both open days start at 9.30am.
To be considered, call The Garage on 01603 283382 to book a scholarship audition. Applicants must be at least 18-years-old when the course starts. For more information go to www.thegarage.org.uk