Arts venue The Garage to offer scholarships to Great Yarmouth youngsters
- Credit: Archant
A performing arts venue is looking for talented individuals from Great Yarmouth to offer scholarships to.
The Garage, which is based in Norwich, has six scholarships on offer for its new Higher National Certificate courses.
Two scholarships, worth £21,000, are available in either acting, dance or musical theatre pathways.
Half will be awarded to current participants at The Garage and the remainder are available to the wider public.
Learning and inclusion director at The Garage, Toni Bentley, said: “The Garage is very much about changing people’s lives, and this investment in local talented young people is a fantastic demonstration of this.
You may also want to watch:
“These courses will offer professional quality technique training and audition preparation, acting as a springboard for performers to go on to the best training schools and universities in the country, so being awarded one of these scholarships really could transform someone’s career.”
The HNC courses adds to The Garage’s education provision, they have offered GCSE Dance since January and it will be welcoming its new cohort in January 2018.
- 1 Woman's third bid to have guesthouse converted into HMO rejected
- 2 Beach and dunes depleted by 'massive forces' as high tides hit
- 3 All the major Christmas events in Norfolk that can go ahead
- 4 Taxi driver stole more than £17,000 from his employer
- 5 Construction of £26m Marina Centre to begin in coming weeks
- 6 'I gave it a good run': Postmistress of 27 years retires due to Covid
- 7 'Give it back' - Man's plea after his moped is stolen
- 8 Road closed for two days for resurfacing
- 9 'Gutted' - Thieves take BMW wheels leaving car on bricks
- 10 Town in mourning as nightclub owner who 'loved everybody' dies at 49
The courses will run from September until next February.
Auditions will be held at an open day on Saturday, May 13. Any scholarships not awarded then will be available to apply for at the following open day on June 24. Both open days start at 9.30am.
To be considered, call The Garage on 01603 283382 to book a scholarship audition. Applicants must be at least 18-years-old when the course starts. For more information go to www.thegarage.org.uk