Bike Breakfast for Cliff Park Junior School
A RECORD number of youngsters cycled to a Gorleston school last week and had a free breakfast as a result!
Cliff Park Junior School hosted its first Bike Breakfast at 8am on Friday with the Friends of the School and the Sustrans Bike It Project collaborating to provide everyone who cycled to school with a free breakfast.
The event saw a record number of bicycles on site, and more than 150 free breakfasts were provided with school cycle sheds overflowing, and additional temporary storage space having to be found.
During assembly, prizes were presented to pupils who had produced outstanding work in the school’s Bike It Literacy Challenge.
Years 3 and 4 had created storyboards illustrating the adventures of Charlie and the Magic Bike, and Years 5 and 6 created storyboards planning out a mini movie to illustrate what Bike It had done for the school.
You may also want to watch:
The joint winners in both upper and lower school projects, along with the runners up, all received individual prizes and vouchers for their class.
Head teacher Chris Tye said: “What a brilliant event to end the three weeks of Bike It activities; a celebration of the health benefits of cycling and how this links so well with the wider curriculum. We are really looking forward to seeing the finished films which the winning groups will now be working on.”
- 1 Four fish and chip shops listed among the best in the country
- 2 Man staged his own kidnap to get ransom from his family
- 3 Watch our virtual tour of Pleasure Beach's new Snails and Fairytales ride
- 4 Delivery driver fined for 'flagrant' seafront stunt caught on CCTV
- 5 Council to splash out £1.9m on Great Yarmouth town centre
- 6 Trio from Great Yarmouth charged with Norwich betting shop robbery
- 7 'We're going to be rammed' - pubs bracing for weekend revelry
- 8 New surface planned for 'muddy' track popular with walkers
- 9 Deliveroo to launch in Great Yarmouth with 45 restaurants signed up
- 10 Asda says redundancy 'last option' for bakery staff
The school held a number of cycling related events over the last three weeks while participating in Sustran’s National Virtual Cycle Race, The Big Pedal.
Turn to Page 30 for this week’s KidzBiz pages