Brundall school’s Norwich station visit
Making the most of their spare time before the busy season, reindeer Prancer and Dancer were at Norwich Railway Station yesterday to welcome children from Brundall Primary School and the cast of Lowestoft Theatre’s Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.
To promote the Panto-Rail discount offer by Lowestoft’s Marina Theatre and the Wherry Lines Community Rail Partnership, pupils from Brundall Primary School were given the chance to meet the reindeer and the panto stars inside Norwich railway station.
Victoria Scott, who plays Snow White, said: “We started rehearsals yesterday and so far, so good. The cast are lovely, the director’s fantastic and it looks like a really good script.
“Panto is such a fun thing to be involved in and when you get a great group of people like this it will be hard work but lots of fun too.”
She was pleased to be working so close to her home in Ipswich. “It’s fantastic that the panto is in Lowestoft. Normally with pantos I’ve had to travel a lot and stay away but with Snow White I get to stay at home.”
You may also want to watch:
The panto’s prince, Stefan Booth who plays Eastenders’ Greg Jessop, said: “It’s a stellar cast and we’re all looking forward to cracking on with it. They’ve really invested a lot of time this year in to making sure the show looks absolutely fantastic. We love working with kids too, that’s what panto is all about.”
The theatre’s manager Martin Halliday is hopeful that the discounted rail ticket offer will boost the numbers of families coming to see the performance and in turn help strengthen the theatre’s finances. “If people want to see the theatre continue in Lowestoft the best thing they can do is come down and see the pantomime,” he said.
- 1 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 2 The Empire Strikes Back - our review of the new indoor food market
- 3 Britain's Got Talent golden buzzer winner to appear in Gorleston cabaret show
- 4 Norwich City legends play football against dementia
- 5 Pleasure Beach's tropical event ready to launch - and free macs if it rains
- 6 'Something really fresh for Great Yarmouth' - Empire ready to re-open
- 7 Man re-arrested over murder of missing 83-year-old Pat Holland
- 8 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 9 Twin Bakes sell out of treats during first pop-up sale
- 10 Woman felt her life was 'destroyed' after rape by two men, court hears
Lowestoft Marina Theatre is offering �3 off all standard Wherry line tickets for those attending Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, which runs from December 11 to January 3. Tickets are from �5 to �16.50. Call the box office on 01502 533200.