Caister Academy students shine at dance revue
- Credit: Archant
More than 100 students at Caister Academy have taken part in the school’s 10th annual dance revue at St George’s Theatre.
There were three separate performances.
The evening started and ended with the Year 10 and 11 BTEC Dance groups treating the audiences to their examination pieces.
Caister Academy dance club students performed a high-energy jazz piece, with the Year 8 dance project students performing a contemporary fusion piece to John Legend’s Love Me Now.
The boy’s dance project took place in the school and over the two days the boys worked with Jack Stinton, to create a modern dance piece in response to the music; a dance they performed very well on the night.
You may also want to watch:
The night also featured pupils from Centre Stage Dance School.
The young ones had been working on different aspects of musical theatre and performed a dance routine dressed as orphans from the musical Annie.
- 1 'Absolutely crazy' - Beer gardens bustle on first weekend open
- 2 E-scooter riders clock up 10,000 miles in over two weeks
- 3 'What's not to like?' - Waiting list for beach huts as owners return
- 4 Toddler found in car not wearing seatbelt and driver had no licence
- 5 Woman's appeal against condition on pub conversion rejected
- 6 Police on scene in village 'just in case' as person taken to hospital
- 7 Fight back against plans for supermarket 'in wrong place' on A47
- 8 A47 closed after crash as oil and debris cleared up
- 9 7 things you may have missed in Great Yarmouth since lockdown
- 10 Hotel and restaurant for sale for £150,000 less two years on
Principal Michelle Strong said: “The staff and students all worked incredibly hard to prepare for the three performances and have shown real determination and commitment throughout.
“We are exceptionally proud of their achievements and are already looking forward to next year’s revue. Thanks must go to Mrs Preston for all her hard work.
“It was certainly worth it in the end. It truly was a lovely uplifting evening.”