Cantley sugar donation boost to Flegg High School’s farmers’ market and village fayre
- Credit: Flegg High School
A rural high school is hoping a farmers’ market will be a sweet success thanks to a welcome donation.
Students at Flegg High School have been busy baking and making chutney and now their efforts have gone into overdrive thanks to British Sugar in Cantley who this week handed over three sacks of sugar.
The farmers’ market and village fayre on Saturday has become a popular highlight in the school’s fundraising calendar with a raft of stalls, fun attractions, and fluffy pig racing.
As well as selling local produce the students make their own breads and chutneys during enterprise week when the school stages off-timetable trips and activities.
Visitors to the school fayre in Somerton Road can also enjoy a barbecue, refreshments, bouncy castle, glitter tattoos, face-paining, home-spun games like the lolly search and over 30 craft stalls.
You may also want to watch:
The day runs from 10-4pm.
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 How Great Yarmouth are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 3 Bid for new affordable homes on 'eyesore' site in Gorleston
- 4 New vintage store opens bigger premises
- 5 Part of A143 closed after three-vehicle crash in early hours
- 6 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 7 Fire on the water bursts into life on Yarmouth seafront
- 8 N-Dubz themed bottomless brunch announced for Norfolk
- 9 Mother-of-two takes over slumber party business
- 10 Picture special: Fire on the Water thrills crowds