Cliff Park boat-builders win competition
- Credit: Archant
Budding engineers from Cliff Park Ormiston Academy were recently crowned winners in a two-day boat building competition at Oulton Broad.
The Young Ones, aged 12 and 13 were tasked with the challenge of designing and building a boat from cardboard which was capable of carrying up to three passengers.
To demonstrate the working of their designs, competitors had to paddle their finished boats around a set of marker buoys on the water.
Final designs came in all shapes and sizes but Cliff Park students produced a fantastic boat which saw them crowned winners.
Tamsin Poulter, Principal at Cliff Park Ormiston Academy, said: “I want to wish a massive well done to Amelka Brudz, Niall Meadows, Callum Jermy, James West, Toby Blunt and Kane Haylock for representing Cliff Park and doing so well in this brilliant competition.
You may also want to watch:
“At Cliff Park Ormiston Academy we strongly encourage all students to pursue their passions and participate in opportunities like this outside of school. They set a brilliant example for other students and we look forward to seeing what they do next.”
- 1 Emergency services dealing with incident at inflatable on beach
- 2 Our verdict on the new Giant Wheel on Great Yarmouth seafront
- 3 Plea to find family of 38-year-old Great Yarmouth man
- 4 The Last Post - knitted tribute to Prince Philip pops up in village
- 5 Lockdown easing brings joy, smiles and hope on Great Yarmouth's Regent Road
- 6 Landmark seaside hotel serves 100 by midday as lockdown eases
- 7 Cosmetic clinic's waiting list grows as clients want pre-lockdown looks
- 8 Eight pints pulled in first three minutes as pub's 'happy hour' returns
- 9 Two men jailed for stealing 'laughing gas' from hospital
- 10 Public toilets in Hemsby reopen after £23,000 revamp