Cliff Park boat-builders win competition
- Credit: Archant
Budding engineers from Cliff Park Ormiston Academy were recently crowned winners in a two-day boat building competition at Oulton Broad.
The Young Ones, aged 12 and 13 were tasked with the challenge of designing and building a boat from cardboard which was capable of carrying up to three passengers.
To demonstrate the working of their designs, competitors had to paddle their finished boats around a set of marker buoys on the water.
Final designs came in all shapes and sizes but Cliff Park students produced a fantastic boat which saw them crowned winners.
Tamsin Poulter, Principal at Cliff Park Ormiston Academy, said: “I want to wish a massive well done to Amelka Brudz, Niall Meadows, Callum Jermy, James West, Toby Blunt and Kane Haylock for representing Cliff Park and doing so well in this brilliant competition.
You may also want to watch:
“At Cliff Park Ormiston Academy we strongly encourage all students to pursue their passions and participate in opportunities like this outside of school. They set a brilliant example for other students and we look forward to seeing what they do next.”
- 1 'One of the most generous people' - Family pays tribute to town 'legend'
- 2 9 Norfolk pubs with heated gardens for mixed households
- 3 'An absolute shock' - clifftop cafe closed amid demolition fears
- 4 'Nothing worse than shut shops': Relief in Great Yarmouth as lockdown lifts
- 5 Schools in Norfolk closed or partially shut due to coronavirus
- 6 Vanishing village - Satellite images show incredible erosion at Winterton
- 7 Cash and jewellery stolen in Gorleston burglary
- 8 Girl, 13, injured in hit-and-run outside village shop
- 9 Parts of Norfolk may see snow by end of the week, say forecasters
- 10 Covid-19 vaccine: who will get it, when and how?