Cliff Park boat-builders win competition
- Credit: Archant
Budding engineers from Cliff Park Ormiston Academy were recently crowned winners in a two-day boat building competition at Oulton Broad.
The Young Ones, aged 12 and 13 were tasked with the challenge of designing and building a boat from cardboard which was capable of carrying up to three passengers.
To demonstrate the working of their designs, competitors had to paddle their finished boats around a set of marker buoys on the water.
Final designs came in all shapes and sizes but Cliff Park students produced a fantastic boat which saw them crowned winners.
Tamsin Poulter, Principal at Cliff Park Ormiston Academy, said: “I want to wish a massive well done to Amelka Brudz, Niall Meadows, Callum Jermy, James West, Toby Blunt and Kane Haylock for representing Cliff Park and doing so well in this brilliant competition.
You may also want to watch:
“At Cliff Park Ormiston Academy we strongly encourage all students to pursue their passions and participate in opportunities like this outside of school. They set a brilliant example for other students and we look forward to seeing what they do next.”
- 1 Weekly fireworks making 'spectacular' return to seafront
- 2 Gas worker on meter round stumbles on cannabis factory with 90 plants
- 3 Motorcyclist in hospital with serious injuries after crash
- 4 Live music returning to Great Yarmouth seafront
- 5 Free 'interview haircuts' for jobseekers in coastal town
- 6 Bid for grocery store in end-of-terrace house
- 7 Traders look back on devastating Great Yarmouth fire
- 8 Appeal to find missing man from Gorleston
- 9 TV presenter Stephen Mulhern spotted filming pop-up game show in Yarmouth
- 10 Jailed in July: Drug dealing, knife crime and manslaughter