Cliff Park boat-builders win competition
- Credit: Archant
Budding engineers from Cliff Park Ormiston Academy were recently crowned winners in a two-day boat building competition at Oulton Broad.
The Young Ones, aged 12 and 13 were tasked with the challenge of designing and building a boat from cardboard which was capable of carrying up to three passengers.
To demonstrate the working of their designs, competitors had to paddle their finished boats around a set of marker buoys on the water.
Final designs came in all shapes and sizes but Cliff Park students produced a fantastic boat which saw them crowned winners.
Tamsin Poulter, Principal at Cliff Park Ormiston Academy, said: “I want to wish a massive well done to Amelka Brudz, Niall Meadows, Callum Jermy, James West, Toby Blunt and Kane Haylock for representing Cliff Park and doing so well in this brilliant competition.
“At Cliff Park Ormiston Academy we strongly encourage all students to pursue their passions and participate in opportunities like this outside of school. They set a brilliant example for other students and we look forward to seeing what they do next.”
- 1 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 2 'They make people smile': Mural painted on to town's purple parrot house
- 3 'The right thing to do' - Great Yarmouth people respond to new restrictions
- 4 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 5 Christmas cheer despite Storm Arwen at Christmas market
- 6 Man arrested in connection with sexual assault of girl released on bail
- 7 'Great to be back' - Big crowd at Great Yarmouth Christmas lights switch on
- 8 Staffing issues prompts Yarmouth vaccine centre to cancel walk-ins
- 9 Flood alerts issued for parts of Norfolk due to stormy conditions
- 10 Man arrested on suspicion of sexually assaulting girl on her way to school