College moves taster day to avoid clash with Danny Boyle movie scene
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2016
A college has switched its taster day to avoid a clash with Danny Boyle’s filming schedule at Gorleston.
The Oscar-winning director has chosen the wide sandy sweep as the location for what is rumoured to be his film’s finale on Wednesday June 27.
But the date was already marked on calendars across the county as East Norfolk Sixth Form College’s taster day.
College principal Dr Catherine Richards said Mr Boyle had made a direct appeal to students to apply for tickets and play their part in the 5000-strong concert audience.
He visited the Church Lane college on Friday staying for more than an hour and posing for snaps.
You may also want to watch:
Dr Richards said having such a high calibre visitor whose film would likely make waves across the globe had been a real treat, as well as an opportunity to make students aware of the number and range of jobs available in the movie industry.
To support the film maker and give students the chance to appear in the blockbuster the date has been changed to Tuesday June 26.
- 1 Ghostly photos show deserted Yarmouth in lockdown
- 2 Minke whale washes up on beach
- 3 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 4 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 5 Council pay out six claims to drivers after car park ramp damaged vehicles
- 6 Discount hobby shop The Works 'could run out of money'
- 7 Firearms collector, 72, jailed for having illegal shotgun and pistol
- 8 Neighbours oppose off-licence over crime fears
- 9 Inquest rules 'witty and strong-willed' 26-year-old's death accidental
- 10 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal