College moves taster day to avoid clash with Danny Boyle movie scene
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2016
A college has switched its taster day to avoid a clash with Danny Boyle’s filming schedule at Gorleston.
The Oscar-winning director has chosen the wide sandy sweep as the location for what is rumoured to be his film’s finale on Wednesday June 27.
But the date was already marked on calendars across the county as East Norfolk Sixth Form College’s taster day.
College principal Dr Catherine Richards said Mr Boyle had made a direct appeal to students to apply for tickets and play their part in the 5000-strong concert audience.
He visited the Church Lane college on Friday staying for more than an hour and posing for snaps.
You may also want to watch:
Dr Richards said having such a high calibre visitor whose film would likely make waves across the globe had been a real treat, as well as an opportunity to make students aware of the number and range of jobs available in the movie industry.
To support the film maker and give students the chance to appear in the blockbuster the date has been changed to Tuesday June 26.
- 1 Man 'helping police with inquiries' in search for missing woman
- 2 Inquest hears sister of Hannah Witheridge died while pregnant
- 3 Police seal in place at home of missing vulnerable 83-year-old
- 4 Lifeguard, 18, saves teenager from drowning in first days on job
- 5 Man arrested for murder of still missing 83-year-old
- 6 Euro 2020 crowds blamed for Gorleston Covid spike
- 7 Rooms with a view? See two new hotel suites costing £120,000
- 8 Almost two dozen arrests on first Saturday after nightclubs open
- 9 Dismay at appeal ruling on homes bid for site of former registry office
- 10 Perfect plaices? Three fish and chip firms go up for sale