College moves taster day to avoid clash with Danny Boyle movie scene
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2016
A college has switched its taster day to avoid a clash with Danny Boyle’s filming schedule at Gorleston.
The Oscar-winning director has chosen the wide sandy sweep as the location for what is rumoured to be his film’s finale on Wednesday June 27.
But the date was already marked on calendars across the county as East Norfolk Sixth Form College’s taster day.
College principal Dr Catherine Richards said Mr Boyle had made a direct appeal to students to apply for tickets and play their part in the 5000-strong concert audience.
He visited the Church Lane college on Friday staying for more than an hour and posing for snaps.
Dr Richards said having such a high calibre visitor whose film would likely make waves across the globe had been a real treat, as well as an opportunity to make students aware of the number and range of jobs available in the movie industry.
To support the film maker and give students the chance to appear in the blockbuster the date has been changed to Tuesday June 26.
- 1 Town centre charity shop building for sale
- 2 Bid for superbike warehouse bringing up to 30 new jobs
- 3 Drug dealers and shoplifters to be targeted by police
- 4 'Adored' teaching assistant retiring after more than three decades
- 5 Market place parking 'amnesty' to tackle school run chaos
- 6 Sentencing adjourned for man who travelled 272 miles to meet girl
- 7 Christmas magic comes to Gorleston
- 8 Long-awaited plans for A47 roundabout revamps revealed
- 9 Suspect identified in seafront hate attack
- 10 Plan to charge for seafront floral tributes is agreed