College moves taster day to avoid clash with Danny Boyle movie scene
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2016
A college has switched its taster day to avoid a clash with Danny Boyle’s filming schedule at Gorleston.
The Oscar-winning director has chosen the wide sandy sweep as the location for what is rumoured to be his film’s finale on Wednesday June 27.
But the date was already marked on calendars across the county as East Norfolk Sixth Form College’s taster day.
College principal Dr Catherine Richards said Mr Boyle had made a direct appeal to students to apply for tickets and play their part in the 5000-strong concert audience.
He visited the Church Lane college on Friday staying for more than an hour and posing for snaps.
You may also want to watch:
Dr Richards said having such a high calibre visitor whose film would likely make waves across the globe had been a real treat, as well as an opportunity to make students aware of the number and range of jobs available in the movie industry.
To support the film maker and give students the chance to appear in the blockbuster the date has been changed to Tuesday June 26.
- 1 'What's not to like?' - Waiting list for beach huts as owners return
- 2 'Absolutely crazy' - Beer gardens bustle on first weekend open
- 3 E-scooter riders clock up 10,000 miles in over two weeks
- 4 Woman's appeal against condition on pub conversion rejected
- 5 Police on scene in village 'just in case' as person taken to hospital
- 6 A47 closed after crash as oil and debris cleared up
- 7 Fight back against plans for supermarket 'in wrong place' on A47
- 8 7 things you may have missed in Great Yarmouth since lockdown
- 9 Hotel and restaurant for sale for £150,000 less two years on
- 10 Toddler found in car not wearing seatbelt and driver had no licence