Men arrested for drug driving and vehicle theft following police dog chase off Acle Straight
- Credit: NS PoliceDogs
A Norfolk policing team have had another successful day, after Police Dog Harry chased down a pair of suspects on the Acle straight.
The chase began on the Acle Straight, when officers attempted to flag down a vehicle which refused to stop.
The car then took off towards Halvergate, where the car’s driver and passenger then tried to flee on foot.
German Shepherd dog Harry chased down the pair, finding one in a ditch after attempting to flee the scene.
The men, both in their thirties, remain in custody at Great Yarmouth Police Investigation Centre.
You may also want to watch:
The chase happened on the afternoon of July 3 at 5.20pm, with one officer falling into a “smelly stream”.
The driver of the vehicle was arrested for theft of money, stealing a motor vehicle, dangerous driving, failing to stop, being disqualified from driving with no insurance, and driving under the influence of drink or drugs.
- 1 Delivery driver fined for 'flagrant' seafront stunt caught on CCTV
- 2 Man staged his own kidnap to get ransom from his family
- 3 Drugs factory worker who hid cash under bed must pay back £42k
- 4 'We're going to be rammed' - pubs bracing for weekend revelry
- 5 Plea to find family of 38-year-old Great Yarmouth man
- 6 New surface planned for 'muddy' track popular with walkers
- 7 Emergency services dealing with incident at inflatable on beach
- 8 Our verdict on the new Giant Wheel on Great Yarmouth seafront
- 9 Charity shops see record sales and donations after reopening
- 10 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
The passenger was arrested for aggravated vehicle theft.