Men arrested for drug driving and vehicle theft following police dog chase off Acle Straight
- Credit: NS PoliceDogs
A Norfolk policing team have had another successful day, after Police Dog Harry chased down a pair of suspects on the Acle straight.
The chase began on the Acle Straight, when officers attempted to flag down a vehicle which refused to stop.
The car then took off towards Halvergate, where the car’s driver and passenger then tried to flee on foot.
German Shepherd dog Harry chased down the pair, finding one in a ditch after attempting to flee the scene.
The men, both in their thirties, remain in custody at Great Yarmouth Police Investigation Centre.
The chase happened on the afternoon of July 3 at 5.20pm, with one officer falling into a “smelly stream”.
The driver of the vehicle was arrested for theft of money, stealing a motor vehicle, dangerous driving, failing to stop, being disqualified from driving with no insurance, and driving under the influence of drink or drugs.
- 1 Rollesby mum shares heartbreak after death of her seven-year-old daughter
- 2 Six arrested after Willow the dog finds 'substantial' quantity of drugs
- 3 Mixed feelings for traders as they move into Great Yarmouth's new market
- 4 From schools to shops: All you need to know about living in Gorleston
- 5 Drone shots show British warship anchored off Yarmouth ahead of Jubilee
- 6 Tributes to 'wonderful' school head who loved to see children learn
- 7 8 places where you can see fireworks for free in Norfolk for the jubilee
- 8 Crews called to collapsed walker on remote Norfolk Broads' path
- 9 Green light for new Sainsbury's store on 850-home estate
- 10 Obituary: 105-year-old who outlived eldest sibling by five months
The passenger was arrested for aggravated vehicle theft.