Men arrested for drug driving and vehicle theft following police dog chase off Acle Straight
- Credit: NS PoliceDogs
A Norfolk policing team have had another successful day, after Police Dog Harry chased down a pair of suspects on the Acle straight.
The chase began on the Acle Straight, when officers attempted to flag down a vehicle which refused to stop.
The car then took off towards Halvergate, where the car’s driver and passenger then tried to flee on foot.
German Shepherd dog Harry chased down the pair, finding one in a ditch after attempting to flee the scene.
The men, both in their thirties, remain in custody at Great Yarmouth Police Investigation Centre.
You may also want to watch:
The chase happened on the afternoon of July 3 at 5.20pm, with one officer falling into a “smelly stream”.
The driver of the vehicle was arrested for theft of money, stealing a motor vehicle, dangerous driving, failing to stop, being disqualified from driving with no insurance, and driving under the influence of drink or drugs.
- 1 Jail for 'Jekyll and Hyde' builder who made customer 'fear for her life'
- 2 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 3 13 cars targeted in tyre-slashing spree
- 4 'Business as usual' as shopping mall enters administration
- 5 Man, 23, knocked off bike during robbery
- 6 Council pay out six claims to drivers after car park ramp damaged vehicles
- 7 Minke whale washes up on beach
- 8 Wetherspoon pubs reveal reopening plan after 'zero' sales
- 9 Man in court over Norfolk Broads' boat break-ins during lockdown
- 10 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
The passenger was arrested for aggravated vehicle theft.