Men arrested for drug driving and vehicle theft following police dog chase off Acle Straight
- Credit: NS PoliceDogs
A Norfolk policing team have had another successful day, after Police Dog Harry chased down a pair of suspects on the Acle straight.
The chase began on the Acle Straight, when officers attempted to flag down a vehicle which refused to stop.
The car then took off towards Halvergate, where the car’s driver and passenger then tried to flee on foot.
German Shepherd dog Harry chased down the pair, finding one in a ditch after attempting to flee the scene.
The men, both in their thirties, remain in custody at Great Yarmouth Police Investigation Centre.
You may also want to watch:
The chase happened on the afternoon of July 3 at 5.20pm, with one officer falling into a “smelly stream”.
The driver of the vehicle was arrested for theft of money, stealing a motor vehicle, dangerous driving, failing to stop, being disqualified from driving with no insurance, and driving under the influence of drink or drugs.
- 1 Man 'helping police with inquiries' in search for missing woman
- 2 Inquest hears sister of Hannah Witheridge died while pregnant
- 3 Man arrested for murder of still missing 83-year-old
- 4 Police search undergrowth as man arrested for murder of missing woman
- 5 Police seal in place at home of missing vulnerable 83-year-old
- 6 Rooms with a view? See two new hotel suites costing £120,000
- 7 Euro 2020 crowds blamed for Gorleston Covid spike
- 8 Lifeguard, 18, saves teenager from drowning in first days on job
- 9 Almost two dozen arrests on first Saturday after nightclubs open
- 10 Perfect plaices? Three fish and chip firms go up for sale
The passenger was arrested for aggravated vehicle theft.