Edward Worlledge School Gold Award
EDWARD Worlledge Junior School, which has been awarded a Gold Award as part of The Sing Up Awards, is celebrating the completion of the awards on National Sing Up Day.
All primary schools in England were set the challenge of achieving a Sing Up Award between September 2010 and National Sing Up Day 2011.
The awards recognise, celebrate and support schools that put singing at the heart of school life and Edward Worlledge Junior’s award illustrates its commitment to the ethos of 100pc participation in singing.
For achieving its award, the school will receive a limited edition singing pad which the children can use in the classroom and the playground to play a range of singing games.
The school will also receive a video message from composer Howard Goodall, the National Singing Ambassador congratulating them for achieving their award and be listed on the Sing Up website.
You may also want to watch:
A huge thank you goes to Krista Ribbons, Edward Worlledge school’s music teacher (pictured), for her hardwork and determination in achieving the Sing Up Award for the school - without her the award wasn’t possible.
Kate Gibson, Sing Up’s award officer praised the school for achieving their Award and completing the challenge.
- 1 Man 'helping police with inquiries' in search for missing woman
- 2 Inquest hears sister of Hannah Witheridge died while pregnant
- 3 Man arrested for murder of still missing 83-year-old
- 4 Police seal in place at home of missing vulnerable 83-year-old
- 5 Police search undergrowth as man arrested for murder of missing woman
- 6 Lifeguard, 18, saves teenager from drowning in first days on job
- 7 Rooms with a view? See two new hotel suites costing £120,000
- 8 Euro 2020 crowds blamed for Gorleston Covid spike
- 9 Almost two dozen arrests on first Saturday after nightclubs open
- 10 Perfect plaices? Three fish and chip firms go up for sale
She said: “Achieving a Sing Up Award is really a whole school effort so we hope that everyone, including the staff, children and parents take the opportunity on National Sing Up Day to celebrate the school’s outstanding dedication to singing’.