Student of the year aims to horse around
- Credit: Archant
A horse lover from West Caister, near Great Yarmouth, has received the student of the year award at the Easton and Otley College graduation ceremony.
Ellen Lincoln gained a first class honours degree in equitation and coaching.
She was one of 139 people to gain a higher education qualification at the college and has plans to work in the horse racing industry in the future.
On her experience of studying at the college, she said, “The experience was really good and it has showed me what I want to do with my future.
“I want to do a masters and PhD. Ultimately I’d like to work in the field of re-training racehorses.
You may also want to watch:
“It was a shock to get student of the year – it was unexpected but it’s nice to be recognised.”
Emma Claridge, programme area leader for higher education, said: “Her hard work paid off and she produced one of the best examination scripts one of my colleagues said she had ever seen.”
- 1 'Absolutely crazy' - Beer gardens bustle on first weekend open
- 2 E-scooter riders clock up 10,000 miles in over two weeks
- 3 Toddler found in car not wearing seatbelt and driver had no licence
- 4 'What's not to like?' - Waiting list for beach huts as owners return
- 5 Woman's appeal against condition on pub conversion rejected
- 6 Police on scene in village 'just in case' as person taken to hospital
- 7 Fight back against plans for supermarket 'in wrong place' on A47
- 8 A47 closed after crash as oil and debris cleared up
- 9 7 things you may have missed in Great Yarmouth since lockdown
- 10 Hotel and restaurant for sale for £150,000 less two years on