Student of the year aims to horse around
- Credit: Archant
A horse lover from West Caister, near Great Yarmouth, has received the student of the year award at the Easton and Otley College graduation ceremony.
Ellen Lincoln gained a first class honours degree in equitation and coaching.
She was one of 139 people to gain a higher education qualification at the college and has plans to work in the horse racing industry in the future.
On her experience of studying at the college, she said, “The experience was really good and it has showed me what I want to do with my future.
“I want to do a masters and PhD. Ultimately I’d like to work in the field of re-training racehorses.
You may also want to watch:
“It was a shock to get student of the year – it was unexpected but it’s nice to be recognised.”
Emma Claridge, programme area leader for higher education, said: “Her hard work paid off and she produced one of the best examination scripts one of my colleagues said she had ever seen.”
- 1 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 2 Spiking in Great Yarmouth club last weekend
- 3 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 4 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 5 Potters Resort expands into Essex after acquiring new site
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 7 'Road to nowhere' after erosion streak at Winterton
- 8 Norfolk boatyard sells at auction for almost double expected guide price
- 9 No further action over arson and fraud allegation at care home
- 10 How Great Yarmouth are you? Take our quiz to find out