Student of the year aims to horse around
- Credit: Archant
A horse lover from West Caister, near Great Yarmouth, has received the student of the year award at the Easton and Otley College graduation ceremony.
Ellen Lincoln gained a first class honours degree in equitation and coaching.
She was one of 139 people to gain a higher education qualification at the college and has plans to work in the horse racing industry in the future.
On her experience of studying at the college, she said, “The experience was really good and it has showed me what I want to do with my future.
“I want to do a masters and PhD. Ultimately I’d like to work in the field of re-training racehorses.
You may also want to watch:
“It was a shock to get student of the year – it was unexpected but it’s nice to be recognised.”
Emma Claridge, programme area leader for higher education, said: “Her hard work paid off and she produced one of the best examination scripts one of my colleagues said she had ever seen.”
- 1 Man 'helping police with inquiries' in search for missing woman
- 2 Inquest hears sister of Hannah Witheridge died while pregnant
- 3 Police seal in place at home of missing vulnerable 83-year-old
- 4 Lifeguard, 18, saves teenager from drowning in first days on job
- 5 Euro 2020 crowds blamed for Gorleston Covid spike
- 6 Rooms with a view? See two new hotel suites costing £120,000
- 7 Almost two dozen arrests on first Saturday after nightclubs open
- 8 Dismay at appeal ruling on homes bid for site of former registry office
- 9 Perfect plaices? Three fish and chip firms go up for sale
- 10 Testing ramped up after 'extreme rise' in Covid cases in coastal areas