Student of the year aims to horse around
- Credit: Archant
A horse lover from West Caister, near Great Yarmouth, has received the student of the year award at the Easton and Otley College graduation ceremony.
Ellen Lincoln gained a first class honours degree in equitation and coaching.
She was one of 139 people to gain a higher education qualification at the college and has plans to work in the horse racing industry in the future.
On her experience of studying at the college, she said, “The experience was really good and it has showed me what I want to do with my future.
“I want to do a masters and PhD. Ultimately I’d like to work in the field of re-training racehorses.
You may also want to watch:
“It was a shock to get student of the year – it was unexpected but it’s nice to be recognised.”
Emma Claridge, programme area leader for higher education, said: “Her hard work paid off and she produced one of the best examination scripts one of my colleagues said she had ever seen.”
- 1 Beach and dunes depleted by 'massive forces' as high tides hit
- 2 All the major Christmas events in Norfolk that can go ahead
- 3 Taxi driver stole more than £17,000 from his employer
- 4 Construction of £26m Marina Centre to begin in coming weeks
- 5 'Give it back' - Man's plea after his moped is stolen
- 6 Road closed for two days for resurfacing
- 7 'Gutted' - Thieves take BMW wheels leaving car on bricks
- 8 Town in mourning as nightclub owner who 'loved everybody' dies at 49
- 9 'The most difficult one yet' - Knitting queen displays her latest creation
- 10 Warning about ‘you’re wanted for arrest’ cold call tax scam