Student of the year aims to horse around
- Credit: Archant
A horse lover from West Caister, near Great Yarmouth, has received the student of the year award at the Easton and Otley College graduation ceremony.
Ellen Lincoln gained a first class honours degree in equitation and coaching.
She was one of 139 people to gain a higher education qualification at the college and has plans to work in the horse racing industry in the future.
On her experience of studying at the college, she said, “The experience was really good and it has showed me what I want to do with my future.
“I want to do a masters and PhD. Ultimately I’d like to work in the field of re-training racehorses.
You may also want to watch:
“It was a shock to get student of the year – it was unexpected but it’s nice to be recognised.”
Emma Claridge, programme area leader for higher education, said: “Her hard work paid off and she produced one of the best examination scripts one of my colleagues said she had ever seen.”
- 1 Ghostly photos show deserted Yarmouth in lockdown
- 2 Minke whale washes up on beach
- 3 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 4 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 5 Council pay out six claims to drivers after car park ramp damaged vehicles
- 6 Discount hobby shop The Works 'could run out of money'
- 7 Firearms collector, 72, jailed for having illegal shotgun and pistol
- 8 Neighbours oppose off-licence over crime fears
- 9 Inquest rules 'witty and strong-willed' 26-year-old's death accidental
- 10 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal