Enormous crocodile of Gorleston schoolchildren walk to the panto
AN ENORMOUS crocodile of school children weaved its way through Gorleston to enjoy a pantomime at the pavilion.
More than 300 youngsters from Cliff Park Junior School embarked on the one mile route from their classrooms in Orde Avenue to Gorleston Pavilion to enjoy the production of Cinderella last Friday afternoon.
It was the biggest day out the school has ever organised, and a trip children say they will remember for years to come.
Jane Blance, a school governor, said: “All the children loved it. They joined in with lots of shouting and singing and the staff at the pavilion couldn’t have been any better.
“Some of the Year 6s thought it wouldn’t be cool, but they were the ones shouting the loudest by the end.”
You may also want to watch:
Children from Years 3 to 6 attended, with 304 pupils in total, and most staff and dinner ladies tagged along bringing the total attendance nearer 350.
Everyone enjoyed ice cream from the Iceland shop during the interval and got into the Christmas spirit.
- 1 'Business as usual' as shopping mall enters administration
- 2 Jail for 'Jekyll and Hyde' builder who made customer 'fear for her life'
- 3 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 4 Another Norfolk branch of Outfit shuts for good among 31 more closures
- 5 Man, 23, knocked off bike during robbery
- 6 Wetherspoon pubs reveal reopening plan after 'zero' sales
- 7 Council rounds on 'uninformed' coronavirus marshal critics
- 8 Is your surname on this list? You could inherit a fortune
- 9 Killer shrimp 'no-fishing' barriers torn down by vandals in the Broads
- 10 Four national high street names to move into former M&S store
“They were so excited,” said Mrs Blance. “Sadly today so many kids don’t get to go to things like this and it was a fantastic day out.
“We’ve never done anything on this scale before.”
Two PCSOs escorted the crocodile of children, along with staff wearing high visibility jackets, and they returned to school for 4.30pm to be collected by their parents.
Staff wish to thank Kevin and Stuart at Gorleston Pavilion for helping to make the afternoon a huge success.