Feel better with Great Yarmouth College
LOOK after yourself- that’s what Great Yarmouth College students will be told in two days of activities, information and advice on ways to improve their wellbeing next week.
Five Ways in Two Days is a free health and wellbeing event to let students know what help and advice is available in college and outside in the community to help them stay safe and be healthy.
Experts from a range of organisations and agencies that work with young people will be in the Conference Room on the Southtown campus on Monday and Tuesday with demonstrations and information about health and fitness – from nutrition to drugs, sexual health to alcohol, anxiety to general health.
Among the agencies are the Matthew Project, the NHS, GFS Platform, Norfolk Carers, NORCAS and Norfolk Police.
David Lawrence, student welfare adviser –individualised learning, came up with the idea to help learners improve their health in five ways - by being active, taking notice, connecting, learning and giving.
You may also want to watch:
“Students will be able to find out a range of information and advice,” he said.
“They will be able to watch the smoothie bike inaction and hopefully have a go on exercise bikes themselves.
- 1 New escape room to open in Great Yarmouth
- 2 Woman's appeal against condition on pub conversion rejected
- 3 Four fish and chip shops listed among the best in the country
- 4 Hotel and restaurant for sale for £150,000 less two years on
- 5 Fake £50 notes used to buy items on Facebook
- 6 Extra police as pub gardens opening could coincide with Canaries promotion
- 7 7 things you may have missed in Great Yarmouth since lockdown
- 8 Delivery driver fined for 'flagrant' seafront stunt caught on CCTV
- 9 Watch our virtual tour of Pleasure Beach's new Snails and Fairytales ride
- 10 Council to splash out £1.9m on Great Yarmouth town centre
“It is a drop in event but we are asking tutors to bring their students down and build it into their day.”
The event is open to everyone from 10am to 2pm on both days.