School to appoint interim head as trust move approaches
- Credit: Archant
A high school has announced the appointment of an interim principal who will help steer it into joining an academies trust.
From April 16, Ross Li-Rocchi will take up the reins at Flegg High School in Martham after its current headteacher Dr Simon Fox joins East Norfolk Sixth Form College in Gorleston as its deputy principal and deputy chief executive officer.
Mr Li-Rocchi will take over between April and August as the high school starts its hunt for a permanent replacement.
It comes as Flegg High School gears up to join the Ormiston Academies Trust.
MORE; Dr Fox is leavingIn a letter to parents can carers Mr Li-Rocchi said: “Most of you will be aware that the school will soon be undertaking a recruitment process to find a new principal, following Dr Fox’s appointment in his new role. The governors are currently deciding on the way that this process will work, and they will obviously take their time to ensure that their approach is thorough and carefully planned.
“I have been formally asked by the governors to take the position of interim principal from April 16 to August 31. I feel privileged to have been offered this post, and had no hesitation in accepting.
You may also want to watch:
“The year ahead is set to be one of important and exciting change for Flegg High, both in terms of us becoming part of Ormiston Academies Trust and the appointment of a new principal.
MORE; school welcomes new headteacher“My focus during this period will be to lead the school in a manner that supports all Flegg pupils so they are given the opportunity to achieve success.
“I look forward to continue and build upon my work with staff, students and families, and thank you for your continuing support of the school.”
- 1 All you need to know about Yarmouth's first fair in the park
- 2 Airport-style security coming to seafront club amid spiking fears
- 3 Man who died after a medical episode in Hopton identified
- 4 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 5 More than 31,000 tickets sold for Fire on the Water
- 6 Potters Resort expands into Essex after acquiring new site
- 7 Spiking in Great Yarmouth club last weekend
- 8 Driver fined for drifting off road and hitting fence
- 9 Schoolchildren driving Covid rates across Yarmouth
- 10 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
Peter Spencer, chairman of governors, said the recruitment process to replace Dr Fox will start “in the coming weeks” with a view to appoint a new principal for the start of the academic year in September.
He added the temporary appointment of Mr Li-Rocchi will provide stability and continuity as the school transition to the trust is carried out.
Dr Fox joined Flegg High School five years ago.